Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirolway

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
London
OK I may be missing something here, in the age of Photo Stream, iCloud & all that .... but when I hit Cmd-I in Aperture to import photos, my Mac shows up but not my iPhone. What's going on - how do I import photos from my iPhone these days?

Or is this just yet another Lion / iOS5 bug, sigh!

viiiabyss

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
i noticed the same thing.. while aperture is open and youre in the import dropdown section, try disconnecting your iPhone then re-connecting immediately after. mine popped up after that.

ejcbelanger

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2010
Grrrrrrr!!

I have the same problem -- and I've disconnected, reconnected the phone, and it doesn't show up in image capture, so that's no help either....ANy other ideas??

echowink

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Ditto

Hi all,

I have got the same problem. iPhone 4 recognised by Final Cut Pro and iTunes, just not Aperture. I have been importing photos successfully for ages without a hitch, and now... no more :-(

Any ideas folks?

Nick.

ltmac

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2012
Hi all,

I have got the same problem. iPhone 4 recognised by Final Cut Pro and iTunes, just not Aperture. I have been importing photos successfully for ages without a hitch, and now... no more :-(

Any ideas folks?

Nick.

I just had the same issue when switching from iPhoto to Aperture. If you haven't solved your problem try this.

Attach iPhone to your Mac.
In iTunes under Devices, Select the iPhone
Under Photos select "Sync Photos from Aperture."

You should now be able to import photos into Aperture.

TheSeaduckG4

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
Solution

If you go to image capture while your phone is plugged in and change whichever program that is selected to open and import photos when your phone is attached to Aperture then re launch aperture, that might work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.