Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSensei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
So I got to play with the LG Optimus G...

Needless to say Android feels light years away from iOS and it hurts to admit it. It really does. Man did my iPhone 5 screen's size felt awkward after playing with my cousins LG O G. Oh well, one can only wish the iPhone which does have the best quality build of all phones could run Android and have access to all those funky widgets and customization. Sigh
True the built quality ain't that good but as they say don't judge a book by its cover.

Last edited:

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
I miss android a lot and my htc one x screen but the light weight and sleekness of the 5 grew on me. I also use my phone a LOT more its so weird... I always wondered why people would be attaché to their iPhones and now I know there's just a lot of apps on them...

Obese Lobsters

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
So I got to play with the LG Optimus G...

Needless to say Android feels light years away from iOS and it hurts to admit it. It really does. Man did my iPhone 5 screen's size felt awkward after playing with my cousins LG O G. Oh well, one can only wish the iPhone which does have the best quality build of all phones could run Android and have access to all those funky widgets and customization. Sigh
True the built quality ain't that good but as they say don't judge a book by its cover.

You feel that way now, but you'll end up missing the subtle things the iPhone brings such as not having to shift your hand up to pull down the notification tray. This coming from a nexus 4 owner of course

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
You feel that way now, but you'll end up missing the subtle things the iPhone brings such as not having to shift your hand up to pull down the notification tray. This coming from a nexus 4 owner of course

Or having an iMessage conversation on your iPhone and switching over to your Mac once you get home.

Or taking lots of vacation pics on your iPhone, and having them on you computer waiting for you thanks to Photostream.

Or plugging in your iPhone to you Mac, and importing your video right into iMovie for editing.

Obese Lobsters

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Or having an iMessage conversation on your iPhone and switching over to your Mac once you get home.

Or taking lots of vacation pics on your iPhone, and having them on you computer waiting for you thanks to Photostream.

Or plugging in your iPhone to you Mac, and importing your video right into iMovie for editing.

Supposedly Gtalk pretty much functions the same as iMessage, though neither I nor anyone I know uses Gtalk/chat, we all use plain ole text message. Though I do miss iMessage

Dropbox pretty much brought photostream function to both android and iOS (not sure about WP8).

I believe you can do the same with android (though you need to download a sync program to get the videos off the phone).

All in all you could replicate most of iOS' features on android, but it would be a hassle and lack that apple coat of polish

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I don't know why Apple completely closes up its firmware, who cares if the geeks want to load their own roms, not like they are obligated to support a JB phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.