Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterofstr3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Dear reader,

Starting as a 12 year old kid with a windows pc i have seen allot( am 20 now). Windows crashes, crappy software everywhere! virusses ect ect. Also my phone, piece of crap plastic, i just wanted something else. I had to travel allot for school so i bought a ipod, 1 year later the ipad came out and i bought the second gen. Now i just got my new iphone and i am getting fet up with the piece of crap windows pc that i have now.

Where do i want to use my pc for:
- gameing so now and than.
- photos
- internet ofcourse

My question is that if i bought the 21,5 inch imac with 8GB Ram and standard video card. Would that be good enhough for playing a game? or do i really have to upgrade the video card?

Sorry for my english, am dutch. Hope the imac will come out tomorrow:D

pukingpixels

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Sweden
I sure bet you've seen a lot!

Yes, you can play "a game" with the 21.5". In fact you can play a lot of games on it but probably not on the highest settings, but that depends on which games you're playing.

masterofstr3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
COD mw3

say like i want to play Call of duty mw3, would that be possible with the the 8 gb RAM and standard video card? because if i read the specs on the video cards it tells me its not that good, but i know that apple can get more out of this card than windows, but howmuch more.
I dont really need maxed out settings but i just want to play the game on a normal "allright" setting

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
say like i want to play Call of duty mw3, would that be possible with the the 8 gb RAM and standard video card? because if i read the specs on the video cards it tells me its not that good, but i know that apple can get more out of this card than windows, but howmuch more.
I dont really need maxed out settings but i just want to play the game on a normal "allright" setting

Yes, the base iMac will be able to run COD mw3. You may have to turn the settings down a bit to make it run smoothly. But if gaming is a big deal to you, then Macs are not a good choice.

pukingpixels

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Sweden
Shouldn't be a problem to run MW3 on medium to high settings at 60 fps. It's an old engine that doesn't really require that much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.