Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
...paint bucket? Or am I not understanding the question?
That would mean meticulously clicking Canada dozens of times to get all of its islands. Repeat for the geographical intricacies of nearly two hundred countries.

I was thinking that since thousands of articles work off the same template, there must be a website that lists the countries and allows you to make them as you see fit, automatically applying the color of choice to the full country.

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
That would mean meticulously clicking Canada dozens of times to get all of its islands. Repeat for the geographical intricacies of nearly two hundred countries.

I was thinking that since thousands of articles work off the same template, there must be a website that lists the countries and allows you to make them as you see fit, automatically applying the color of choice to the full country.

The files you linked to are .svg files. I opened the second with Inkscape. It seems that all the regions that belong to a given country (eg, Canada and all its islands) are grouped, so you can simply select a group and choose a fill color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.