Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeC5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Eastern, CT
This may sound strange but my Iphone 4 running V 6.0 (10A403) is playing audiobooks at a faster speed than it should. I've noticed it on the last couple of books and it may coincide with my updating the software to 6.0 (can't remember what it was originally). I've compared it back to back with the same books as played on the PC and while they are still listenable, they are definitely being played too fast. Am I crazy? I can't find any speed adjustments on the phone... Has anyone else experienced this? Should I delete the books and try synching them again?

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
This may sound strange but my Iphone 4 running V 6.0 (10A403) is playing audiobooks at a faster speed than it should. I've noticed it on the last couple of books and it may coincide with my updating the software to 6.0 (can't remember what it was originally). I've compared it back to back with the same books as played on the PC and while they are still listenable, they are definitely being played too fast. Am I crazy? I can't find any speed adjustments on the phone... Has anyone else experienced this? Should I delete the books and try synching them again?
I've only had this experience when my music app accidentally had the 1x
button pressed. Is music playing right?

MikeC5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Eastern, CT
I just copied a few familiar tunes onto the phone and they sound correct. And the audiobooks still sound too fast... Where is the 1X button (is that one the phone or itunes)?

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
I just copied a few familiar tunes onto the phone and they sound correct. And the audiobooks still sound too fast... Where is the 1X button (is that one the phone or itunes)?

On the phone itself, in the music app, just above the picture of the book/song, on the right side. Left has the "repeat" then the two "15" buttons, then 1x.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.