iPod Nano warrenty issue.. - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:26 PM   #1
auzzuro
macrumors member

iPod Nano warrenty issue..

hi i have brought a ipod nano a few month ago. the nano was seal all this while but when i check the warranty with apple it stated has been activated may i know why? i bought the nano at apple store. i thought apple product warranty start when i hook up my nano with itunes. anyone can help me??
auzzuro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by auzzuro View Post
hi i have brought a ipod nano a few month ago. the nano was seal all this while but when i check the warranty with apple it stated has been activated may i know why? i bought the nano at apple store. i thought apple product warranty start when i hook up my nano with itunes. anyone can help me??
What makes you think the warranty would start almost a year later?

http://www.apple.com/support/products/faqs.html

Quote:
You can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime within the one-year limited warranty period. Your eligibility for coverage under the AppleCare Protection Plan starts from your hardware purchase date. Apple strongly recommends that you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan when you purchase your Apple product to maximize the additional benefits provided under the plan.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:57 PM   #3
auzzuro
macrumors member

ok thanks ... one more question ..if i buy an ipod touch from best buy or any other shop how did apple know the purchase date of my ipod touch if i never activate it..
auzzuro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
ok thanks ... one more question ..if i buy an ipod touch from best buy or any other shop how did apple know the purchase date of my ipod touch if i never activate it..
Because they're activated the moment you buy them. Resellers have to report that.

And if they aren't, and you plug it in, it's basically voided.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:33 PM   #5
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Imagine you buy an iPod today, and then leave it in the sealed package for twenty years. That iPod isn't going to work. Do you think Apple should have to fix it?
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 02:59 AM   #6
Thraun
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Because they're activated the moment you buy them. Resellers have to report that.

And if they aren't, and you plug it in, it's basically voided.
This is not correct. Everything Apple ships will have an estimated purchase date based on the ship date. If you buy a product and get somewhat older stock, the warranty will already have started counting down.

When you first purchased it, did you plug it into iTunes and send registration info to Apple? That resets the warranty countdown. Of course, you can always submit a legitimate dated proof of purchase to Apple, and they can manually reset the warranty.
Thraun is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod