Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Was the original DiRT ever released for OSX? I know DiRT 2 is out, but I prefer the original. I guess I am more of fan of old school rally racing before the Xgames took over.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Was the original DiRT ever released for OSX? I know DiRT 2 is out, but I prefer the original. I guess I am more of fan of old school rally racing before the Xgames took over.

I am sure you can probably tell from the post above, but I will say it anyway. No, Dirt was not released for OSX. Only CMRM and Dirt 2.

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
I am sure you can probably tell from the post above, but I will say it anyway. No, Dirt was not released for OSX. Only CMRM and Dirt 2.

Well bummer. I was wondering if it was something I just missed. Oh well.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Well bummer. I was wondering if it was something I just missed. Oh well.

I am with you on your thoughts though. I loved the original Dirt. Colin McRae Rally Mac was a great game, but the FFB was terrible in it. Dirt was still a mainly rally racing game with much better FFB than CM5 (CMRM) and would have been great on the Mac.

Even though there is a lot of X Games stuff in Dirt 2, it is quite fun to play.

ianwuk

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Whilst not strictly rally driving GRID was just made native for the Mac and is on the App Store. I think it is a fantastic game (never played it the first time round) and runs fine even on my mid-2010 MBP (13 inch).

It has been a long time since I enjoyed racing games but I think you would be very impressed with the Mac native version of GRID.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
DIRT was never ported to the Mac.

The following Codemasters games (so far) have been ported to the Mac by Feral.

Colin McRae Rally Mac (aka 2005 on PC)
Race Driver 3 (AKA TOCA Race Driver 3)
F1 2012
Dirt 2
GRID

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.