Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:53 PM   #1
sayre
macrumors member

iTunes music going to iCloud?

Ok, this is very frustrating, but ever since I updated to the new iTunes format (I hate it), every song I drag and drop seems to be going to iCloud and not into the list view. How do I simply drag and drop my songs into iTunes, so that I can listen to my music? The other day it worked fine, now it's not even working, so I don't know what changed. There's also an iCloud icon next to my movies and music, how do I turn this feature off? Thanks in advance.
sayre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:51 AM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

You cannot upload any music to iCloud, unless you are paying for an iTunes Match subscription, which costs $24.99 a year. Importing into iTunes 11 has not changed from iTunes 10.7 and previous versions. When you say "it's not working," please clarify what you mean. The iCloud icon simply shows your purchases which are available for either streaming or download. If you do not want to display anything but your local music and video content, go into the iTunes preferences->Store and disable "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases." This will show only what you have downloaded to the computer.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store