Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Consumers don't want a larger screen phone. They already know the iPhone 5 is the perfect size. Apple won't introduce a larger display screen anytime soon, and I hope nobody puts off upgrading to the incredible new 5S because they are expecting a bigger screen next year.

javisan

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
Consumers don't want a larger screen phone. They already know the iPhone 5 is the perfect size. Apple won't introduce a larger display screen anytime soon, and I hope nobody puts off upgrading to the incredible new 5S because they are expecting a bigger screen next year.

Hi Phil Schiller, welcome to the MacRumors Forum!

I used to really respect you, but you lost me with your "Can't innovate anymore, my ass" comment. It was pretty pathetic really. You don't need to say it, you need to PROVE it.

Please keep on reading the different topics in the forum, you will learn a lot about what your users REALLY wan't, and what will keep them upgrading and being Apple customers in general, not what your blind clueless freak fans will spur out.

Take care.

nabwong

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
I will buy a 5" iPhone yesterday! I have an iPhone 5 and it's a little smaller than I'd like it. I can't really type in landscape mode cos there's just so little screen space. And my hands are too big for portrait mode, cramps up really easily. C'mon apple. You can do it.

Ha ha ha!!

I expected the final sentence of your drivel to read: "Thank you, thank you very much. I'm here all week. Try the veal!"

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011

3.5" was the "perfect size" until the iPhone 5 came out and then suddenly 4" was the perfect size. Regardless of what size the next iPhone is, I'm sure you'll consider it the perfect size. :rolleyes:

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
3.5" was the "perfect size" until the iPhone 5 came out and then suddenly 4" was the perfect size. Regardless of what size the next iPhone is, I'm sure you'll consider it the perfect size. :rolleyes:

I honestly remain yet to be convinced a bigger screen is needed. iPhone 5 truly is the perfect balance of size and function. I have an open mind but I remain doubtful until Apple can provide evidence to the contrary that a bigger screen would be a benefit.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
iPhone Maxi
iPhone Phat
iPhablet
iDunno

All I know is I want a smaller phone, bigger screen, cheaper price tag, more expensive build quality, more megapickles, and a car that comes with it.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I honestly remain yet to be convinced a bigger screen is needed. iPhone 5 truly is the perfect balance of size and function. I have an open mind but I remain doubtful until Apple can provide evidence to the contrary that a bigger screen would be a benefit.

So many people get hung up on there being only one phone with one screen size. There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all when it comes to phones, no matter what Apple would have you believe. I think if Apple wants to defend its market share, or grow it, it needs to offer a range of sizes.
If Apple is happy to reap the profits from its diminishing market share in the still growing smartphone market, then we will continue to see only one screen size. The reports of Apple testing larger screen sizes hopefully indicate otherwise.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA

So basically once apple increases the screen size and tells you its the perfect size.

MA-86

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2013
My guess is we will get iphone with bigger screen this spring. Apple will not have a 4" phone, which is basically a rehashed version of a phone that was released in 2012 on the market for another full year! They can not afford it, more and more customers will turn to their competiton which offers choice of screen sizes.
They should keep selling 5c as an affordable 4" phone and discontinue 5s in spring replacing it with iphone 6 that would sport 4,5-4,8" screen. Preferably iphone6 should be introduced before next Samsung Galaxy phone to steal it's limelight.

roxics

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
Any chance Apple will announce a larger screen iPhone on Tuesday even if they don't ship it for a month or two? Sort of like they did with the mac pro?

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Any chance Apple will announce a larger screen iPhone on Tuesday even if they don't ship it for a month or two? Sort of like they did with the mac pro?

Probably not. It would hurt the sales of 5S and 5C.

SAL8116

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Florida
I really dislike big screens, because you can't use phone by one hand..

That's baloney, I use my current S4 with one hand.

I would come back to Apple if they came out with something bigger like 4.8-5 inch screen. Android/Samsung has served me well though.

Noctilux.95

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
LA
That's baloney, I use my current S4 with one hand.

I would come back to Apple if they came out with something bigger like 4.8-5 inch screen. Android/Samsung has served me well though.

I would buy the S4 too if it came with iOS 7 and better build quality. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.