Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I have a lot of songs that are singles, meaning without an album. When I go to album view, I get all the songs there, whether they are part of an album or not. Is there a way to rid the single songs in Album View, or it is what it is?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This used to work before 11...highlight the song or songs that are orphaned, hit CMD+I. From the configuration screen you can add them to a compilation or sort them as you wish...Like I say, haven't tried it in 11 though.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I thought of something like that, but it doesnt work with 11. The only thing I could think of is if I add something to the album name of each single, which would in turn add them to one album. I just wish those songs wouldnt show up at all in the album view.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I thought of something like that, but it doesnt work with 11. The only thing I could think of is if I add something to the album name of each single, which would in turn add them to one album. I just wish those songs wouldnt show up at all in the album view.

Damn, that was a useful feature...they might put it back in the update that's supposed to be released soon...I guess you could paste a picture in for each song? A little tedious, but better than a blank.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.