Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverf1re

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I am having an issue with facebook not pushing me alerts when someone comments, likes, etc something on my wall. All my other apps get notifications fine, but facebook doesn't even give me a number on the icon or anything. I have notification center, banner style, badge app icon and view lock screen enabled all under notifications in the iOS settings on my iPhone 5 6.0.1. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

sohaloh

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
London, Ontario
I am having an issue with facebook not pushing me alerts when someone comments, likes, etc something on my wall. All my other apps get notifications fine, but facebook doesn't even give me a number on the icon or anything. I have notification center, banner style, badge app icon and view lock screen enabled all under notifications in the iOS settings on my iPhone 5 6.0.1. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Facebook settings are now inside the facebook app. Go to the facebook app > settings > notifications and see if you have them set how you like.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

True, they rarely work. Despite the app settings being switched to on. Screwed since iOS 5.1

Paokg4

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
Does anybody know to tell me how Facebook ranks the names of the people who "liked" one photo of a person?and why sometimes when you want to see that list the rank of the list is changing?

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
I have this same problem. I also have problems with Facebook integration with Calendar, as it shows all events, including declined.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
Facebook is totally unreliable as far as notifications are concerned.

They spend most of their time trying to find new mechanisms to invade people's privacy instead of fixing essential features such as notifications.

Gymgenius

Suspended
Jan 29, 2010
Facebook is totally unreliable as far as notifications are concerned.

They spend most of their time trying to find new mechanisms to invade people's privacy instead of fixing essential features such as notifications.

The precise reason I closed my account on the facebook!

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Facebook push notifications working perfect here.

----------

Does anybody know to tell me how Facebook ranks the names of the people who "liked" one photo of a person?and why sometimes when you want to see that list the rank of the list is changing?

I thought they displayed them in order of who liked it first?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.