Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 9, 2012, 09:58 PM   #1
tktaylor1
macrumors 6502a

Best Note Taking App

I've never posted in this section before so I don't know if this has been asked before. What is the best note taking app? I saw CourseNotes but I don't really like how that is set up. Does anyone know of a good note taking app? Or an app to organize my notes that I take in Microsoft Office. As a college student, I am tired of typing up my notes and saving them and then having to search through Microsoft Office to open them. I would love to have an app that has everything right there, preferably in tabs or sections. Thanks

Also, this has nothing to do with the thread title but is there an app similar to candybar in the app store? Or something that would allow me to apply themes to my mac?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:08 PM   #2
MacDawg
macrumors P6

I would suggest...

Evernote
Circus Ponies Notebook
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:41 PM   #3
tktaylor1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDawg View Post
I would suggest...

Evernote
Circus Ponies Notebook
With Evernote can I drag and drop files from Microsoft Office and organize them based on subject?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Jlrera
macrumors member

I used pages last semester, then made folders and sub folders for everything, made it really easy to navigate.
Jlrera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:19 PM   #5
tktaylor1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlrera View Post
I used pages last semester, then made folders and sub folders for everything, made it really easy to navigate.
I guess I could do that. I've done it before but I want something different.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:50 AM   #6
Wingscofounder
macrumors member

As mentioned above, check out Notebook, by Circus Ponies. You can add a "clipping service" and take things you copied from other sources and organize them anyway you'd like:
In word, copy (clipping) paragraph about elephants into the pachyderm section of your notebook, then copy (clipping) snake graphic in the reptile section of your notebook...You do this through the services menu in just about any program.
Link to circus ponies info. about notetaking: http://www.circusponies.com/notebook/stay-organized
Notebook is an excellent program to gather info. when doing research.

Also mentioned above, Evernote is great too.
http://www.wingsoverwallstreet.org/
Wingscofounder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:57 AM   #7
troistrois
macrumors newbie

Writepad Baby!

I've downloaded most of the other apps mentioned, but the best of them all is Writepad. It turns your handwriting into digital text. None of the other apps mentioned do that....(at least not as of 3 weeks ago). I am currently the envy of all my co-workers who wish they had my digital savy when they see me take notes on my ipad that actually work. It really is no more work than actual paper which is more than I can say for any other app.
troistrois is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:55 AM   #8
colourfastt
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by troistrois View Post
I've downloaded most of the other apps mentioned, but the best of them all is Writepad. It turns your handwriting into digital text. None of the other apps mentioned do that....(at least not as of 3 weeks ago). I am currently the envy of all my co-workers who wish they had my digital savy when they see me take notes on my ipad that actually work. It really is no more work than actual paper which is more than I can say for any other app.
Actually Circus Ponies' Notebook does have that feature.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:58 AM   #9
ozaz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by troistrois View Post
The OP seems to be interested in Mac apps, not iOS apps. So WritePad is not very relevant here

The following thread may be useful to the OP: What is the mac equivalent to Microsoft OneNote?
ozaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:17 PM   #10
shyam09
macrumors 65816

lol was about to create a similar thread :P thank god i found this one!!

now my situation is kinda different. Does anyone have any good apps [mac os] for say an Econ class. Which means access to charts/graphs or at least drawing images..
shyam09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:19 PM   #11
Votekinky06
macrumors 6502

+1 for Evernote, fantastic app.
Votekinky06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:26 PM   #12
johnfarrel
macrumors newbie

Never miss NoteSpirit.
www.notespirit.com/

It's simple and easy-to-use, with a nice and clean UI. You can attach images, documents, audio and video clips, whatever you want. And it also combines note-taking with to-do list management, that can greatly improve your productivity.

Free trial version is available, just go and try it.
johnfarrel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store