Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
I love my Mophie for the 4S. It let's me not worry about battery life at all during long days of travel. It's fantastic. And if I want to feel stylish, I can just remove the case and go naked for awhile. I haven' t had any trouble with the micro-usb port either and I've had it over a year. The only annoying this is the LEDs that blink while charging at night.

Apparently the LED's dont blink anymore unless you press the button now which is a welcome improvement

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
:)

I had to read your comment a couple of times.

the first time through, I read this as "I have replaced my Apple Genius with a burrito."

:)

But I have already replaced it with Genius. No bueno.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
i see that there is going to be an air and pro as well. im fine with ordering the helium. I had the air and plus for my 4 and 4S and didn't see much of a difference. with the iphone 5 being so thin id rather a thinner battery case.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
I love my Mophie for the 4S. It let's me not worry about battery life at all during long days of travel. It's fantastic. And if I want to feel stylish, I can just remove the case and go naked for awhile. I haven' t had any trouble with the micro-usb port either and I've had it over a year. The only annoying this is the LEDs that blink while charging at night.
Haha yeah the light is pretty intense. Once my eyes have adjusted my mophie works well as a nightlight.

tfigs

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2012
Mophie not honoring rebate codes - Reply from customer support

I emailed customer support about being issued a rebate code after signing up for the mailing list and then how the rebate code will not work with the purchase of the new Helium case. Here is their response.

"I completely understand your point of view and understand. This was per the CEO of the company. For what reason, we do not know why. I would suggest saving the coupon code for a later purchase. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience."

So, the decision came from the top. I will try and contact the CEO and voice my concerns about the rebate code not being honored with the Helium case.

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
Got mine this weekend. I know they just announced the air but really don't need 100% more each and every day. 80% plus a smaller size was perfect for my needs. Honestly I'd be happy with getting an extra 20-50% more on my average days and for travel days 80% is perfect!!

Lets me move up my brightness a little, not worrying about anything like wifi or Bluetooth or notifications or apps draining it and so on. Peace of mind really. Also helps because when I'm home I'm lazy and drain it down to 5% because the damn charging cable is so damn short and hate being tethered to the wall.

I've had Mophie cases before and they make a great product. This one is just as good as any of them I've had in the past. Like the size, feel and the darker one is pretty slick looking too. I think the size is great. Still pocketable. Having the extra battery life is awesome.

As far as syncing it using the lightening accessories, I have a Mini Countryman with a Ycable with lightening adapter on it, it is so easy to remove the bottom while leaving the top part of the case on it doesn't bug me at all. So for those times I want to listen to a podcast or music off the phone in the car, i just remove the bottom. Pretty simple and takes 2 seconds. Everything else I have/need can be done via Bluetooth, wifi and airplay so for me the access to the lightening port is a moot point.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Got mine this weekend. I know they just announced the air but really don't need 100% more each and every day. 80% plus a smaller size was perfect for my needs. Honestly I'd be happy with getting an extra 20-50% more on my average days and for travel days 80% is perfect!!

Lets me move up my brightness a little, not worrying about anything like wifi or Bluetooth or notifications or apps draining it and so on. Peace of mind really. Also helps because when I'm home I'm lazy and drain it down to 5% because the damn charging cable is so damn short and hate being tethered to the wall.

I've had Mophie cases before and they make a great product. This one is just as good as any of them I've had in the past. Like the size, feel and the darker one is pretty slick looking too. I think the size is great. Still pocketable. Having the extra battery life is awesome.

As far as syncing it using the lightening accessories, I have a Mini Countryman with a Ycable with lightening adapter on it, it is so easy to remove the bottom while leaving the top part of the case on it doesn't bug me at all. So for those times I want to listen to a podcast or music off the phone in the car, i just remove the bottom. Pretty simple and takes 2 seconds. Everything else I have/need can be done via Bluetooth, wifi and airplay so for me the access to the lightening port is a moot point.

Do you have to remove the case every time you charge it or can you use the USB to charge the iPhone and the case at the same time?

axPoindexter

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2009
Vermont
Do you have to remove the case every time you charge it or can you use the USB to charge the iPhone and the case at the same time?

The supplied USB charges the iPhone and Mophie at the same time.

And I'll second snowcrash's statement on the peace of mind part. That's the real value. I got mine last week and did 3 back to back days on the ski slopes running:

1. SkiTracks (GPS tracking app)
  2. Spotify (streaming music)
  3. iMessage
  4. Find My Friends
  5. Email (keep in touch with work)
  6. IMO (instant chat to keep in touch with work)

The iPhone 5 battery could only handle this load for about 3 hours before being around 10% battery left. I'd have to quit apps and watch my phone before getting the Mophie. Now I leave everything running and still have over half the battery life before my legs can't handle another run.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
The supplied USB charges the iPhone and Mophie at the same time.

And I'll second snowcrash's statement on the peace of mind part. That's the real value. I got mine last week and did 3 back to back days on the ski slopes running:

1. SkiTracks (GPS tracking app)
  2. Spotify (streaming music)
  3. iMessage
  4. Find My Friends
  5. Email (keep in touch with work)
  6. IMO (instant chat to keep in touch with work)

The iPhone 5 battery could only handle this load for about 3 hours before being around 10% battery left. I'd have to quit apps and watch my phone before getting the Mophie. Now I leave everything running and still have over half the battery life before my legs can't handle another run.

Thanks!!!! I thinking about doing this because I work outside all day long and I have to be careful about battery life to make sure I have enough. I don't like car chargers because was always told that isn't good for the phone battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.