Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Don't all phones lag from time to time? I never used a Note 2 but I notice lag on all my devices, nexus 10, iPad 3, iPhone 4S.

I can even take screen shots of it on my iPhone.

avudanas.jpg

It was just hanging there for long enough for me to get frustrated, then decide to and take a screen shot. Then screen shot lagged to but was instant once the lag stopped. Ignore my goofy friend texting me.

Here is lag starting messages and Facebook.

Waiting for messages to populate

anyma4ed.jpg

Just waiting on Facebook

3eqe3ava.jpg

Point being I've think we've gotten passed the point where device lag enough to care comparing. My Nexus lags the least BUT poor coding in apps make certain apps lag more then I notice on iOS. iPad 3 just sucks, I've found the 4 to be much better.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Do you guys on cleanrom use the ace all carrier edition or the ATT edition? What's the difference?

iPad5

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2013
It's an awkward size, too big to be a phone and too small to be a tablet replacement. I dont miss my note 2 at all. I think I might give the 6.3 Mega a try, because if it's over 6" it may actually be a tablet killer

kiltedthrower

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
Do you guys on cleanrom use the ace all carrier edition or the ATT edition? What's the difference?

ACE is the International version. AT&T version is the AT&T stock version. So if you don't want any of the AT&T bloatware, go with the ACE version.

kage65

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
People keep going on about the difference in the screen size, but is this not the resolution of each device?

note 2 720 x 1280

iphone 5 640 x 1136

seems like as far as screen real estate, there is not a huge difference? Or am I missing something?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
ACE is the International version. AT&T version is the AT&T stock version. So if you don't want any of the AT&T bloatware, go with the ACE version.

I'm curious when I read about bloatware slowing down a phone and causing lag and other issues, why is that? I mean with all the bloatware I have I don't believe any of those programs are running or memory resident so how would they cause slowdown versus something like Cleanrom?

I'm just curious if a custom rom would cure the lag the note 2 has and why.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
Had the note 1 and now the s3.

Very happy with android and the s3 is the perfect size.

----------

People keep going on about the difference in the screen size, but is this not the resolution of each device?

note 2 720 x 1280

iphone 5 640 x 1136

seems like as far as screen real estate, there is not a huge difference? Or am I missing something?

Android can run at different resolutions, iphone cant. In other words, android can have different screen element size. See here for example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2123368

kiltedthrower

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
I'm curious when I read about bloatware slowing down a phone and causing lag and other issues, why is that? I mean with all the bloatware I have I don't believe any of those programs are running or memory resident so how would they cause slowdown versus something like Cleanrom?

I'm just curious if a custom rom would cure the lag the note 2 has and why.

I didn't have any lag with the bloatware. I just didn't use those apps

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I didn't have any lag with the bloatware. I just didn't use those apps

So its just a space issue? I always get confused why people hate the stock roms so much. I just recently rooted and to my pleasant surprise it didn't wipe out my stock rom so I ended up keeping it. Its still laggy though and I get tempted to use cleanrom, but it sounds like it probably won't be less laggy.

kiltedthrower

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
So its just a space issue? I always get confused why people hate the stock roms so much. I just recently rooted and to my pleasant surprise it didn't wipe out my stock rom so I ended up keeping it. Its still laggy though and I get tempted to use cleanrom, but it sounds like it probably won't be less laggy.

It is a stock ROM. I've just always been in the habit of removing everything that I don't use. I've had 2 of these, my cousin has 1, my uncle and his wife each have 1, no lag. I have no idea why you have lag in yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.