Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mehdies

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
How we can get opened URL in browsers in a cocoa app? or how we can store every URL opened in browsers in a txt file or everything?

Thanks

Qata

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
New South Wales
I doubt it's possible, that would violate the user's privacy so Apple making it a publicly accessible method seems very doubtful, if it exists at all.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I don't think going after the browser would be the most reliable way to do it. Instead, I'd go down to the firewall and get it to redirect outgoing port 80 through a program you write. It can watch the HTTP and record what it sees. I would assume this is possible on Mac, I know for sure it's possible on Linux.

mehdies

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
I don't think going after the browser would be the most reliable way to do it. Instead, I'd go down to the firewall and get it to redirect outgoing port 80 through a program you write. It can watch the HTTP and record what it sees. I would assume this is possible on Mac, I know for sure it's possible on Linux.

Could you explain more?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.