Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
It makes as much sense as my car navigation forcing me select "I agree" to not look at the screen while driving. It is just those who deem themselves to be smarter than the rest of us trying to protect us from ourself.

In the case of a dock it might not be possible for the IOS to recognize one dock from another. In the case of a computer that should not be difficult to implement. My guess is the engineer just found it easier to have the consumer do the work.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
That is a bit nuts. How do you accidentally plug your device into a strange computer. It is like Microsoft made this OS. I wish there was a way to revert it back to iOS 5.

There have been experiments that showed that it is possible to hack a lightening cable/dock to act like a computer and try break a phone. That is why they did this. Why it happen every time is that a system can be compromised.

It is two button clicks. Not really that long out of your life compared to the money, data loss or time loss if you get hacked.

alkodo

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014

----------

I found that going to the control panel -> hardware -> right-click 'Apple iPhone'|properties (assuming phone is plugged in).

Click on 'Hardware' tab -> Properties button -> 'Driver' tab -> 'Disable' button.

Now the 'Trust' message doesn't pop-up on my iPhone 4s anymore (I just use the PC to recharge my iPhone).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.