Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m11rphy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Hi all

I current use IVI for converting dvd's to mp4 on my mac its a great app that converts the film and meta data in one go.

My gift has just bought her ill sis an iPod touch and I need a similar app she can use on her windows pc, can anyone recommend a good all in one app that's easy to use

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Hi all

I current use IVI for converting dvd's to mp4 on my mac its a great app that converts the film and meta data in one go.

My gift has just bought her ill sis an iPod touch and I need a similar app she can use on her windows pc, can anyone recommend a good all in one app that's easy to use

Handbrake. Use it on your Mac too. It's free and usually regarded as the best solution out there.

m11rphy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Handbrake. Use it on your Mac too. It's free and usually regarded as the best solution out there.

Thanks I have used hand breake but find IVI a better app also it doesn't handle meta data

bt22

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Alabama
I have a Mac Mini and a custom built gaming computer. I have a 64 bit version of Window's 7 Professional and I can't get Handbrake and DVD43 to work on my 64 bit version of Window's. Handbrake and VLC work great on my Mac Mini, but I would like to use my Quad Core i7 processor on my gaming computer, but can't find a solution for 64 bit Windows.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Try the PC spinoff of MetaX, which, unlike the Mac version, is stil being actively updated:
http://www.danhinsley.com/metax/metax.html

Handbrake + MetaX should give your sister ripping + tagging functionality.

Or MetaZ for Mac:
http://griff.github.com/metaz/

----------

I have a Mac Mini and a custom built gaming computer. I have a 64 bit version of Window's 7 Professional and I can't get Handbrake and DVD43 to work on my 64 bit version of Window's. Handbrake and VLC work great on my Mac Mini, but I would like to use my Quad Core i7 processor on my gaming computer, but can't find a solution for 64 bit Windows.

What isn't working with it? I'm sure Dynaflash could help you out if you either PM him or if he comes over to this thread.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
On Window's 64 bit DVD43 is a plugin. It will encode the movie, but the end file is pixilated.

Yeah I'm no expert on this stuff... I mean I know some stuff, but some other members could probably help a lot more. I mean, Dynaflash is a developer for handbrake so he would definitely supply loads of help to you.

apolkowski

macrumors regular

I use MakeMKV and Handbrake on Windows 7 and 8, both 64 bit. This combination works ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.