Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

relaxmpg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Hi there, this is my first post so if this have been addressed in another thread, please let me know.

I have iWork 08 installed from a DVD in my MacBook Pro mid2012. As I have seen in forums, those who purchased iWork 09 are allowed to update iWork through the App Store.

What about us who bought iWork 08? :(

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
If you have iWork 08, buy iWork 09 from the mac app store :p iWork 08 is really old, no company would ever update something that old for free that I know of.

mykelala01

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
If you have iWork 08, buy iWork 09 from the mac app store :p iWork 08 is really old, no company would ever update something that old for free that I know of.

Meh wrong

Mavericks is free and you can upgrade as far as snow leopard...

What the heck maybe even leopard

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Meh wrong

Mavericks is free and you can upgrade as far as snow leopard...

What the heck maybe even leopard

OK, then iWork 08 came out shortly after leopard and 09 was shortly after snow leopard. Neither leopard or iWork 08 have free updates to the latest software, you need to pay for iWork 09 to get the latest iWork and snow leopard to get the latest OS X, so 2008 software is just barely out of apple's definition of new enough

relaxmpg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
OK, then iWork 08 came out shortly after leopard and 09 was shortly after snow leopard. Neither leopard or iWork 08 have free updates to the latest software, you need to pay for iWork 09 to get the latest iWork and snow leopard to get the latest OS X, so 2008 software is just barely out of apple's definition of new enough

Ok :(

Thank you guys!

anovick

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2006
Download iWork '09 Trial. Then App Store will let you update.

I have iWork '08 installed, but the App Store (SW Update) would not recognize it and let me upgrade the iWork applications.

Then...I just did the following to get the App Store to let me upgrade:

1. goto http://download.cnet.com/Apple-iWork/3000-18483_4-55181.html to download the iWork '09 Trial version.

2. Install it.

3. Register with Apple by launching one of the apps one time.

4. Goto App Store.

The SW Updater on the App Store should now show that you have 3 updates available: Pages, Numbers, Keynote.

5. Success.

Enjoy.

-alan

mykelala01

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
I have iWork '08 installed, but the App Store (SW Update) would not recognize it and let me upgrade the iWork applications.

1. goto http://download.cnet.com/Apple-iWork/3000-18483_4-55181.html to download the iWork '09 Trial version.

2. Install it.

4. Goto App Store.

The SW Updater on the App Store should now show that you have 3 updates available: Pages, Numbers, Keynote.

5. Success.

Enjoy.

-alan

If I do this should I need a Iwork 08???

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
This has been covered in other threads but @annovick has it. I used this method to get the new iWork11 numbers/pages/etc. There is a story on the frontnoage that apple don't care about users getting them this way.

As my files where created with iWork8 I and to open them with iWork9 apps and save before I could use the latest ones. I'm not sure if there is a bulk way of doing this but I had to do it file by file

----------

If I do this should I need a Iwork 08???
No, don't think so

eezzeetiger

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2016
Hardly ever on a boat
Download iWork '09 Trial. Then App Store will let you update.

2. Install it.

4. Goto App Store.

5. Success.

Enjoy.

-alan
Hi - thanks for this tip.

I have just transferred my iWork's 8 from my old iMac to my new air.

However i have now got two versions of iWork's 08 & 09

09 was updated through the Appstore, but will this version only last for thirty days?

Cheers

Simon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.