Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
hey guys, i sold my iphone 4 and bought a galaxy nexus. before i sold it and did a restore. now when im on my nexus i cant receive messages from my friends who have iphones (they have SMS plan). the only way for them to send it to me is for them to turn off iMessage. on my brothers iphone when i try to send my self a message it appears as imessage so i dont end up getting anything at all. how do i fix this? i have logged in into apple.com and unregistered my device from them. but yet still cant receive texts

Dataquest

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
hey guys, i sold my iphone 4 and bought a galaxy nexus. before i sold it and did a restore. now when im on my nexus i cant receive messages from my friends who have iphones (they have SMS plan). the only way for them to send it to me is for them to turn off iMessage. on my brothers iphone when i try to send my self a message it appears as imessage so i dont end up getting anything at all. how do i fix this? i have logged in into apple.com and unregistered my device from them. but yet still cant receive texts

I had this issue a while back. Just give it a little time and I believe it will start working correctly. How long has it been since you switched to you new phone?

ctc799

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
USA
I helped a friend fix the issue by putting their SIM back into an iPhone, turning off iMessage, and sending a text message to all of the affected contacts. After that the messages were texts again and reached the new phone fine.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
everything is working fine now, all i did was un-register the iphone from my profile then done about 30 mins later all good to go ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.