Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:33 PM   #1
a-m-k
macrumors 6502

Will Best Buy replace your stolen mac items if bought with their credit card?

I think cards like American Express do such a thing, but will the Best Buy credit card do the same?
a-m-k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Eddyisgreat
macrumors 601

Nope.

But if you make a purchase over like $249 bucks you get no interest for 18 months.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:27 AM   #3
iMJustAGuy
Banned

I can safely assume with no source that the answer would be no.

If it were true then I could go to BB tonight, buy a few things, claim them stolen after making up a logical and reasonable story and get repaid for it. It's just too easy for scum bags to scam them.

Sorry for your loss.
iMJustAGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:50 AM   #4
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMJustAGuy View Post

If it were true then I could go to BB tonight, buy a few things, claim them stolen after making up a logical and reasonable story and get repaid for it. It's just too easy for scum bags to scam them.

Sorry for your loss.

Many credit cards offer that service. Since a police report is required, most don't try and beat the system.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:42 PM   #5
imaketouchtheme
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Skype™ to imaketouchtheme
It depends on if you have Account Shield. If you did sign up for Account Shield at the time of application (it's $1.39 per $100) then yes, you would get the rest of the payments cancelled.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:42 PM   #6
a-m-k
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaketouchtheme View Post
It depends on if you have Account Shield. If you did sign up for Account Shield at the time of application (it's $1.39 per $100) then yes, you would get the rest of the payments cancelled.
I think it's called "Account Shield Plus", if this is it, yes, I have it. Just wondering... we were recently robbed (one thing, unrelated to my MAC things. My IPOD and MBP.)

The next time we go to a certain store, I am replacing what was stolen from us, but not going to my usual electronic store... I know its kind of a stupid thing, but according to my mom, it'll be cheaper, and yeah, it is cheaper to get what I am getting at the other store, I looked.

I bet you are wondering how it got stolen and nothing else did.... My dad was determined to have our WII out in our gazebo, closed door, I don't know if the thief(thieves) picked the lock or what, but yeah. We don't know if the person or persons targeted our house, but there is a theory of who did it, and if they took it to a pawn shop (for the money) in a neighboring state, I don't think anything can be done about it. We'll never see it again. (The kicker, they forgot the remote CHARGER and it didn't work well anyway. KARMA is gonna get them.)
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:44 AM   #7
a-m-k
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMJustAGuy View Post

Sorry for your loss.
I hope you didn't assume that the MBP that I just replaced was what I was talking about. I was talking about something that might possibly have been bought with a BB credit card. (I don't actually know.)

Though, I do have something set up to combat an "extended" loss (for lack of better words). Yes, I am the one who wrote about that anti-theft program being too good.

Thanks for the 'condolences', though.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion