Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jul 10, 2013, 04:17 AM   #26
pommie82
macrumors regular

if you are going to use the ipad mini for outside then i would get a otterbox defender case on your ipad mini because you could have a good drop and end up buying a new iPad mini
pommie82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:13 PM   #27
Badrottie
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by interinfo View Post
You will love Samsung Tab 7.7 my old roommate loves it very much. He used it everyday.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 04:36 PM   #28
nikaru
macrumors regular

IPad mini

better user experiance, stable OS, and its a pleasure to use it. I tried Galaxy tab and in my opinion its a horrible tablet. Just today I had to configure the corporate exchange server on both devices. In the Galaxy I had to pass trough 20 screens before I get it runing and its a complete mess. In the iPad mni, it took me 5 or 7 screens of options. I hate using andorid, it makes me nervous but thats just me.
nikaru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:30 PM   #29
vmaniqui
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrottie View Post
You will love Samsung Tab 7.7 my old roommate loves it very much. He used it everyday.
You will regret getting a Samsung. I used to have it and didn't like it. Poor build quality ( its plastic compare to iPads alum.) poor ui. And so on and so on.
vmaniqui is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:55 AM   #30
SpaceKitty
Banned

Having owned two Androids, a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4, I have to say that the battery life on both is awful, just plain bad. I can maybe get two hours of screen time on the either one BUT if I barely use them, they can go for nearly two days on standby.

I've even gone to turning down the brightness to just about the lowest setting it can go at night and that doesn't seem to help to much.

I just don't see how Android can improve on battery life to where it's anywhere comparable to an iPad. I can use my iPad anywhere from 10-15 hrs before having to charge it and at least 6-8 of that is with the display on using apps.

Apple has truely done amazing things with these iPads enough to where you can have fun using it and be out the whole day and not worry about finding a plugin.

Maybe one day Android devices will be able to last as long as iPads do on battery power but so far, I have not heard of any that can. And don't go by what they say it will last, go by what people say it can last. That's what matters.
SpaceKitty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:56 AM   #31
wrkactjob
Banned

Quote:
Best screen in the sun ?
I'd be more concerned with the best OS than the screen in the sun.
wrkactjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:57 AM   #32
praterkeith
macrumors regular

iPad mini.
praterkeith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:01 AM   #33
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

I would forget the 7.7 and take a look at the Galaxy Tab 3 8 instead.
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:44 PM   #34
interinfo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalDesire View Post
I would forget the 7.7 and take a look at the Galaxy Tab 3 8 instead.
why is that ?
interinfo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:33 PM   #35
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Quote:
why is that ?
The 7.7 is pretty old at this point. The Tab 3 has more RAM, faster CPU, latest version of android and sense, bluetooth 4, better cameras, longer support, the list goes on. And it's not much more expensive than a used 7.7 and still cheaper than the iPad mini.
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:41 AM   #36
Fruit Cake
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceKitty View Post
Having owned two Androids, a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4, I have to say that the battery life on both is awful, just plain bad. I can maybe get two hours of screen time on the either one BUT if I barely use them, they can go for nearly two days on standby.

I've even gone to turning down the brightness to just about the lowest setting it can go at night and that doesn't seem to help to much.
2hrs on a nexus 7? Sorry but I think that sounds like user error to me. I had a n7 and it lasted way longer then 2hrs. Sure, android has its gaps but a 2hr battery life ain't one of them unless your maxing out CPU and brightness
Fruit Cake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:41 PM   #37
JarScott
macrumors 65816

You'll get a higher quality experience and better apps with an iPad mini, but being on MacRumors I presume you already know that.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad