Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
I purchased a used note 2 from a pawn shop, tried to put a straight talk sim card into it and it has no slot to insert the card, I watched several Utube videos to find out what to do, every video shown has a slot for a sd card AND a sim card, mine doesn't have/look the same, any clues as to what to do???

Assuming that you are in the US, does your phone have a Verizon or Sprint logo ? If so, it is the CDMA version and will not support sim cards.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
Assuming that you are in the US, does your phone have a Verizon or Sprint logo ? If so, it is the CDMA version and will not support sim cards.

This is incorrect. Verizon note 2 is on LTE and thus does in fact have a sim card

----------

I purchased a used note 2 from a pawn shop, tried to put a straight talk sim card into it and it has no slot to insert the card, I watched several Utube videos to find out what to do, every video shown has a slot for a sd card AND a sim card, mine doesn't have/look the same, any clues as to what to do???
Where are you located and what is the carrier of the phone? Is it a Chinese carrier?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.