Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boabyboy

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Will this SODIMM work on my late MacBook 2009.

Hey folks,

Sorry to hijack, I am on the same problem as the owner of this thread. I too wish to upgrade my MacBook. I just purchased 8GB from Amazon: Crucial Sodimm Laptop Memory Upgrade (8GB Kit - 4GBx2,204-pin,DDR3 PC3-8500,Cl=7,1.5v - for £29.51p.

I would like to clarify that this is the correct memory module to purchase to work on a late 2009 white 2.26ghz MacBook?

I also thinking about upgrading my hard drive to a Seagate Momentous Hybrid 750 SSHD. After reading this thread, I think I might go for it and I'll post back the results.

Thanks,
Boabyboy

Last edited:

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Hey folks,

Sorry to hijack, I am on the same problem as the owner of this thread. I too wish to upgrade my MacBook. I just purchased 8GB from Amazon: Crucial Sodimm Laptop Memory Upgrade (8GB Kit - 4GBx2,204-pin,DDR3 PC3-8500,Cl=7,1.5v - for £29.51p.

I would like to clarify that this is the correct memory module to purchase to work on a late 2009 white 2.26ghz MacBook?

I also thinking about upgrading my hard drive to a Seagate Momentous Hybrid 750 SSHD. After reading this thread, I think I might go for it and I'll post back the results.

Thanks,
Boabyboy

Hello,
I've ordered that same type of memory, but from corsair. The crucial memory should also work with no issues.

I have also ordered a Momentus XT 750gb Hybrid drive.
DHL has my items right now and they should arrive shortly.

Once I install them, I will give feedback.

Cheers!

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Just an update.
Went to an Apple authorised service centre.
They took pictures of the hairline cracks on my display hinge, and filed a report to Apple to authorise the out of warranty replacement of the LCD assembly.
They told me to wait a couple of days for Apple's reply.

This is how the crack issue stands.
Anyone had an out of warranty repair of this issue recently?

I am in Portugal, so the process might be a bit different here.

Cheers.

Boabyboy

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
8 GiG's from Crucial works !!!

Hey folks,

I just wanted to say the Crucial memory I have purchased from Amazon indeed works!

I am looking forward to see if the Seagate Momentous SSHD is compatible with the MacBook.

Here is a screen shot of my new memory for my late white 2009, 2.26ghz, MacBook showing below:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 19.12.33.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 19.12.33.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 55

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
To those who got their top case replaced, do they give you a brand new case or used one. Are there scratches on the top case? Is the top case less or more scratch prone then the 2009 version?

Thanks.

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Just an update...
I no longer have the white Unibody Macbook.
Today I got a sweet deal on a late 2008 Aluminum Macbook 2.4.
I got it and now I will sell the white Unibody later toady and break it even...
I think I did a good trade, as I gained the Aluminum construction, the glass screen panel and illuminated keyboard. Also the 2.4 is a bit faster than the 2.26.

Also, the memory and HDD I purchased will still fit this new macbook.
These parts haven't arrived yet. Probably only on monday...

Cheers!

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
I have read that there are some problems with the 2008 aluminum batteries, namely that they sometimes inflate and affect the trackpad.
The battery on my "new" unibody macbook already has many cycles and on the system status it shows replace soon.
I don't really care about the loss of capacity because I will probably use the computer 98% of the time on AC power.

What worries me is the possibility of the battery inflating and damaging the computer.
So, I am thinking about buying a new battery.
Is a battery like this good?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...cessories_LaptopBatteries&hash=item4aba24c845

Or is it better to spend more on the apple original battery?

Cheers and thanks

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I have read that there are some problems with the 2008 aluminum batteries, namely that they sometimes inflate and affect the trackpad.
The battery on my "new" unibody macbook already has many cycles and on the system status it shows replace soon.
I don't really care about the loss of capacity because I will probably use the computer 98% of the time on AC power.

What worries me is the possibility of the battery inflating and damaging the computer.
So, I am thinking about buying a new battery.
Is a battery like this good?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...cessories_LaptopBatteries&hash=item4aba24c845

Or is it better to spend more on the apple original battery?

Cheers and thanks

Personally, I'd get the Apple battery. If it was an "original" battery, it wouldn't be half the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.