Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I have spent a good amount of time over the last 5 days configuring and getting comfortable with my Mac after 20+ years of Windows...there are certainly some things that OS X does very well and are missing from Windows but this cuts both ways...

I must admit that one of the trackpad is truly incredible...on a Mac machine there is no need for a mouse and, in fact, I will be returning mine...on a Windows machine it is impossible to live without a mouse...this leads to my question in that I find myself essentially using the bottom left corner for a "left click" and the bottom right corner for a "right click"...with all of my clicking being focused in these two areas do I run the risk of damaging / wearing out the track pad or is it meant to be used in this way.

Thanks,

Joel

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
left corner for a "left click" and the bottom right corner for a "right click"...with all of my clicking being focused in these two areas do I run the risk of damaging / wearing out the track pad or is it meant to be used in this way.

Damage? I don't think so. But even on a Windows machine, I used to double-tap for select and only use right click button.

On my Mac, I have configured single-tap for select, and two-fingers tap for right click, I don't ever actually click anymore.

For precision work: editing pix, cad, I still use a mouse.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Damage? I don't think so. But even on a Windows machine, I used to double-tap for select and only use right click button.

On my Mac, I have configured single-tap for select, and two-fingers tap for right click, I don't ever actually click anymore.

I will give that a go and see whether or not I can get use to it...

For precision work: editing pix, cad, I still use a mouse.

Point noted...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.