Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:02 AM   #351
CocaCoca
macrumors newbie

Will the new force touch trackpad be supported anytime soon? Thanx
CocaCoca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 05:01 AM   #352
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@CocaCoca: Yes, hopefully within the next few months.
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:03 PM   #353
vagaerg
macrumors newbie

I am now using Trackpad++ and it works great on my macbook, and I would like to know if it will be updated to better support Windows 10, as it will bring new gestures for trackpads, as well as the Precision Touchpad APIs to allow for butter smooth scroll & zoom. Are any of these features planned? Thank you

Last edited by vagaerg; Mar 19, 2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Misunderstanding of intentions
vagaerg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 03:59 PM   #354
Quantus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagaerg View Post
I am now using Trackpad++ and must really say it is a HUGE improvement over Apple's drivers on my Mid-2014 rMBP 13", so thanks a lot!

Apart from that, I have now read the new gestures Windows 10 will bring for trackpads as well as the Precision Touchpad APIs to allow for butter smooth scroll & zoom. Are any of these features planned? Thank you
Interesting how many of the positive reviewers in this thread have a single, or very few, posts. Almost as if they are creating accounts for no purpose other than the review. Nothing suspicious about that. Nothing at all.
Quantus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 04:08 PM   #355
vagaerg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
Interesting how many of the positive reviewers in this thread have a single, or very few, posts. Almost as if they are creating accounts for no purpose other than the review. Nothing suspicious about that. Nothing at all.
I am not an account created for this purpose, indeed my main idea was to ask that question about the W10 issues/improvements, but I thought that if he managed to create this software which works great, it was fine to say so and to say thank you for doing something that Apple hasn't done. I can remove that if you like, but I just thought it was fair to say thank you for creating this and then asking the question.

If you do not trust me, just go ahead to xda-developers or to HTCMania (Spanish forum) and look for my username
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:45 AM   #356
khaneliman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
There isn't anything suspicious about that. The only reason I got directed to this forum was because I found this driver. Which is excellent, by the way.
khaneliman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:36 PM   #357
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@vagaerg: Thank you for the feedback. Yes, there are hopes to support the pixel-fine scroll/zoom and also catch the new Windows 10 gestures. But in fact the current version of the Trackpad++ is working fine with Windows 10 Technical Preview. I think the version targeted specifically for Windows 10 may arrive soon after the official release of the new OS.

I do not intend to write a lot of good words about my own projects. I'm more into writing the quality code. Today, as an exception, I have to tell, the good feedback about the Trackpad++ should not be too surprising. The driver is very stable. It got the rich and customizable 3/4 finger gestures support for all 2009-2014 Macbooks Pro/Air running Windows via Boot Camp. The driver has NO adware/malware of any sort (not only my words - proudly clean VirusTotal report is your prove). And, as announced in February, the prerequisite Power Plan Assistant has no installer ads anymore to avoid false positives from some antiviruses. All of those things - aren't they on the not-that-bad side?

Cheers,
Vlad
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:44 PM   #358
vagaerg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r View Post
@vagaerg: Thank you for the feedback. Yes, there are hopes to support the pixel-fine scroll/zoom and also catch the new Windows 10 gestures. But in fact the current version of the Trackpad++ is working fine with Windows 10 Technical Preview. I think the version targeted specifically for Windows 10 may arrive soon after the official release of the new OS.

I do not intend to write a lot of good words about my own projects. I'm more into writing the quality code. Today, as an exception, I have to tell, the good feedback about the Trackpad++ should not be too surprising. The driver is very stable. It got the rich and customizable 3/4 finger gestures support for all 2009-2014 Macbooks Pro/Air running Windows via Boot Camp. The driver has NO adware/malware of any sort (not only my words - proudly clean VirusTotal report is your prove). And, as announced in February, the prerequisite Power Plan Assistant has no installer ads anymore to avoid false positives from some antiviruses. All of those things - aren't they on the not-that-bad side?

Cheers,
Vlad
Ok, thank you very much. I hope to see that interesting feature of the pixel fine scroll in the future, as having tried it with my Surface Pro it is really impressive, it is just like scroll on os x
Old Mar 23, 2015, 03:50 PM   #359
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@ALL: A solution similar to Trackpad++ has finally become available for an Apple Magic Trackpad. The project is codenamed 'Extramagic'. See the topic http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1850762

Just to make it clear: Trackpad++ is being developed by me solely, for Macbook Pro / Air internal trackpads in Boot Camp. Extramagic is the result of collaboration between me and a few other geeks. The Extramagic is only for Apple wireless (Magic) Trackpad, works even with PC (with compatible Bluetooth). The Trackpad++ is still evolving, but is the mature and very stable solution. To the contrary Extramagic has just transitioned from version 0.9 to 1.0 beta. I suggest to keep the current topic focused on the Trackpad++ discussion, as in reality those are two much different drivers: made for different hardware, not equal in features and gestures, etc.
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac