Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truelies

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
They say it's locked to verizon, but call verizon and ask, they will say it is unlocked!
Verizon said officially that it is unlocked

----------

You probably screwed up when you cut you SIM card, because if your phone is UNLOCKED, it will either say the name of the carrier, or no service. If your phone is LOCKED it will say INVALID SIM.
So since it said No Sim i'm assuming the sim card is the problem?
Anywawys

I followed cut SIM card here,
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-convert-micro-sim-to-nano-sim-for-iphone-5/

I will go to Walmart and try to buy a nano from tmobile.

jonslider

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2010
> for example, and unlocked USA Verizon iPhone, is NOT compatible with Tmobile USA, nor ATT USA

I was mistaken, this is no longer true since the iPhone 4s, thanks for the education.

My current understanding is, if you use a Verizon iPhone on ATT, you can get 4g, but not LTE data.

Also, the Verizon iPhone will not let you use data at the same time as voice. The ATT iPhone will let you use data while on a voice call.

So, I still think the Verizon iPhone is not as good as the ATT iPhone, IF you plan to use the ATT network.

Tmobile is even worse, their data speeds are Neither 4g, Nor LTE, you only get 3g data on Tmobile with an iPhone.

again, please correct me if mistaken, these are just my best understandings so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.