Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 4, 2013, 02:44 AM   #26
GermanyChris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Here
So the general idea of this thread is the OP posted something in the iOS section didn't get the feedback he/she wanted so now he/she came to the site feedback section and created another thread complaining about the members.

Great thread..

Last edited by GermanyChris; Jul 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
GermanyChris is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 06:05 PM   #27
1000
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbloc View Post
Welcome to the internet.
The Internet is like it is because its a faceless medium. It allows a person to converse with another or a group without having to face the people that they choose to criticise. Think of it this way, thoughtless and inflammatory remarks would not be so rampant if the person was in the same room as you, but being faceless and not accountable for their actions brings out the worst in them.

It's an unfortunate situation with no resolution.

1000
1000 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 09:43 AM   #28
Plutonius
macrumors 68040
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji888 View Post
It's gotten way out of hand, it didn't used to be this way.
You tend to forget things over time. It has always been and always will be like this.

Much of the problem with responses can be attributed to to how the OP phrases their question and how the OP responds to the responses they get. Also, if you are responding to an OP question, you can't expect people to read let alone respond to your responses.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 06:38 PM   #29
ClamshellOfDoom
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jax, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post
So the general idea of this thread is the OP posted something in the iOS section didn't get the feedback he/she wanted so now he/she came to the site feedback section and created another thread complaining about the members.

Great thread..
And people seem to have missed the points that the OP raised, regardless of their origin. I did expect that, but still it's funny whenever it happens.

I do sympathize with the OP, though, for being under the mistaken impression that MR was a place for people to ask questions, get answers, and not behave like 12-year olds. I thought that too, for a week or so.
ClamshellOfDoom is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:40 AM   #30
GermanyChris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamshellOfDoom View Post
And people seem to have missed the points that the OP raised, regardless of their origin. I did expect that, but still it's funny whenever it happens.

I do sympathize with the OP, though, for being under the mistaken impression that MR was a place for people to ask questions, get answers, and not behave like 12-year olds. I thought that too, for a week or so.
I didn't miss the point I just didn't acknowledge it.

This section is for site feedback, the community section is for member feedback.

I'm of a couple minds on stuff here. In this case the OP posts sensationalist titles then wants to be treated as an adult which isn't going to happen. Second people get tired of answering the same questions google will. When there were MUG's and LUG's you did your research then if still couldn't get something you asked the community that is not the default approach now. If people did that there would be fewer smarta$$ responses.

The flip side is people are just itching to be smarta$$'s
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:14 AM   #31
annk
Administrator
 
annk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamshellOfDoom View Post
And people seem to have missed the points that the OP raised, regardless of their origin. I did expect that, but still it's funny whenever it happens.

I do sympathize with the OP, though, for being under the mistaken impression that MR was a place for people to ask questions, get answers, and not behave like 12-year olds. I thought that too, for a week or so.
It is very much a place to ask questions and get answers. Some members don't behave, but with over 800,00 that's unfortunately to be expected. It's because of those members that there are rules.

You haven't been here long, so I'd say just give it a chance.
annk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:59 PM   #32
roadbloc
macrumors 604
 
roadbloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamshellOfDoom View Post
And people seem to have missed the points that the OP raised, regardless of their origin. I did expect that, but still it's funny whenever it happens.

I do sympathize with the OP, though, for being under the mistaken impression that MR was a place for people to ask questions, get answers, and not behave like 12-year olds. I thought that too, for a week or so.
The OPs points were valid. But stating them isn't going to change anything. Nothing probably will. The OP wants real responses. I want a tank. The universe looks down upon us both and states that we'd all like a lot of things that aren't going to happen.
__________________
roadbloc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:03 AM   #33
Kissaragi
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbloc View Post
The OPs points were valid. But stating them isn't going to change anything. Nothing probably will. The OP wants real responses. I want a tank. The universe looks down upon us both and states that we'd all like a lot of things that aren't going to happen.
The difference is, you could buy a tank. He's never going to get the response he wants.
Kissaragi is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:08 PM   #34
applemoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji888 View Post
This is about Forums not related to news/rumors.

Why is it that the people who most often post replies to legitimate thread posts, either: A, only read one sentence or paragraph, then make ignorant replies (happens way too often, sometimes even after saying something again in a reply). OR B, seem to just jack you around for the fun of it...after all that's what forums are for, right? (wrong, BTW)

I'm tired of all the crap not related to the O.P. in a Forum thread.

What can be done about this?

OR, is there a better forum for discussing issues with apple products?
You're from South Carolina too? I wonder if I know you.

Fabulous place.

Anyway I would say iMore, I mean they're more gracious and forgiving. But I think that when it comes to Apple products, you can't really find a reasonable place to discuss without other people interfering.
applemoon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 07:11 PM   #35
braddick
macrumors 68030
 
braddick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Encinitas, CA
Burger King is the only establishment where you may order it your way.
Outside of that it makes no sense crying about this.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:07 PM   #36
wordsworth
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
A disappointing number of responses on this thread simply validates some of what the OP complains about. Happily, there is also some insight and common sense here, too, though on the MacRumors forum such positives can sometimes seem to be outweighed by the bratty snarling.

Unfortunately, there are people far too ready to contribute a 'school playground attitude' when they post a response.

It should not be unreasonable for one to expect a little patience and common courtesy from one's fellow members at least, more than often is the case but instead there are plenty who are quite prepared to get on some high horse or other and make 'clever' comments at the first available opportunity. Yes. it's a public forum, OP, but stick around and you'll learn to tune out the white noise.
__________________
White MacBook early 2009, 2.00 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD; iMac G3 600 MHz Snow, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB HD; iPod Nano 5g 16 GB (green); PowerBook Duo 2300
wordsworth is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:33 PM   #37
davidjearly
macrumors 68000
 
davidjearly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
A disappointing number of responses on this thread simply validates some of what the OP complains about. Happily, there is also some insight and common sense here, too, though on the MacRumors forum such positives can sometimes seem to be outweighed by the bratty snarling.

Unfortunately, there are people far too ready to contribute a 'school playground attitude' when they post a response.

It should not be unreasonable for one to expect a little patience and common courtesy from one's fellow members at least, more than often is the case but instead there are plenty who are quite prepared to get on some high horse or other and make 'clever' comments at the first available opportunity. Yes. it's a public forum, OP, but stick around and you'll learn to tune out the white noise.
Indeed. My best feedback to the OP? Use the ignore list to avoid seeing certain members. Either that, or you'll end up like me and not using the site as much as you once did/might have done.
__________________
15" i7 rMBP (late 2013) | iPad mini 16GB | iPhone 5S 64GB | Apple TV 2 | Nikon 1 Series
Flickr
500px
davidjearly is offline   1 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: Custom Google Now Responses 1984world Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 May 31, 2013 08:28 AM
Changing keyboard responses Morgan Stack Mac Peripherals 2 May 9, 2013 10:21 AM
Zero responses: are you stumped??? amysue iMac 6 Jul 30, 2012 08:06 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC