Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:27 AM   #1
canwe3
macrumors member

iphone 5 shuts off on it's own

Iphone 5 shuts off on it's own when the battery is full. You can't start it up pressing just power. You have to use power and home. This isn't the first time that has happen. This has happened about 5times since the launch date. So average about once a month. Missed alarm twice because of it.

Anyone else having this issue?
canwe3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwe3 View Post
Iphone 5 shuts off on it's own when the battery is full. You can't start it up pressing just power. You have to use power and home. This isn't the first time that has happen. This has happened about 5times since the launch date. So average about once a month. Missed alarm twice because of it.

no, try a restore...

that is absolutely not normal at all
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:07 AM   #3
blueroom
macrumors 603

Jailbroken? iOS version?
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:48 AM   #4
quietstormSD
macrumors 6502a

Yeah, definitely an issue. Try restoring it or bring it in to an Apple store for a replacement

Twitter: @KarchaInSD
quietstormSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:00 PM   #5
R.Stoychev
macrumors 6502a

Try restoring and setting the phone like a new device.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:35 PM   #6
canwe3
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
Jailbroken? iOS version?
never JB, latest IOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormSD View Post
Yeah, definitely an issue. Try restoring it or bring it in to an Apple store for a replacement
I thought apple only replace it if you bought it from them. I bought mine at sprint store. I'm not sure if they would replace it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Stoychev View Post
Try restoring and setting the phone like a new device.
The thing is this isn't consistence, it happen only 5times so average about once a month. Could it be because I don't ever reset my phone often so the phone autoshuts itself? when I had android I never turned my phone off and never had this issues. Friends and family iphone5 doesn't have this issue like I do.

guess I"ll have to restore. It's annoying though cause I have to install new apps, settings, set up email, etc.
canwe3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:47 PM   #7
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:

Whoa very odd. Try calling Apple about that.
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:56 PM   #8
abz1981
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
never JB, latest IOS.

I thought apple only replace it if you bought it from them. I bought mine at sprint store. I'm not sure if they would replace it now.

The thing is this isn't consistence, it happen only 5times so average about once a month. Could it be because I don't ever reset my phone often so the phone autoshuts itself? when I had android I never turned my phone off and never had this issues. Friends and family iphone5 doesn't have this issue like I do.

guess I"ll have to restore. It's annoying though cause I have to install new apps, settings, set up email, etc.

You do not have to start re-installing anything. Just back up your iphone and restore from back up. See if that resolves the issue. If not then book an appointment with the genius in the apple store. Apple can see any iPhone no matter where you bought it from.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
never JB, latest IOS.

None of every single iPhone that i owned has ever done that, ive owned the first iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, Iphone 4S and the iPhone 5 and that has never happened once to me ever. iPhones are extremely reliable products and that should not be happening to you,

Like someone said, try a restore and if your still having problems go to a local Apple Store and they should swap out your phone for free
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:28 PM   #10
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
never JB, latest IOS.

They won't replace it with a fresh retail box full of headphones, charger etc but if the hardware is defective they will replace the phone under their manufacturer warranty.

Restore it, update it if needed, set it up as new with as few outside apps as you can and give it a go. If it makes it several days without any screwups, slowly add more apps giving it a few days between each batch and backing it up before you install a new group. Then you can see if its an app doing something really crazy thanks to some jacked coding.

If during those first few days it does the crashy thing, make the appointment etc.

Last edited by charlituna; Feb 17, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone