Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Gala
macrumors regular

Search PDFs App

Any apps out there that let you search a PDF. I upload my invoices into my PDF editor but I can't find one that let's me search it (if its even possible).

I have lists of invoices for our small retail store. I would love to be able to scan them into my iPad and then search for the products individually since they are not in alphabetical order but in numerical order of product code.
Gala is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:33 PM   #2
TJ61
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gala View Post
Any apps out there that let you search a PDF. I upload my invoices into my PDF editor but I can't find one that let's me search it (if its even possible).

I have lists of invoices for our small retail store. I would love to be able to scan them into my iPad and then search for the products individually since they are not in alphabetical order but in numerical order of product code.
GoodReader has text search capability. Your scanning procedure would have to result in text rather than an image for your idea to work.

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Gala
macrumors regular

Is there an app that formats images/PDF as text?
Gala is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:40 PM   #4
AbeFrohman
macrumors regular

Virtually all decent PDF readers have search capabilities. You've got to scan them in at an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) setting so the text can be searched.
AbeFrohman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps