Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1
gambot
macrumors newbie

So multi window on a tablet?

Well i'm looking to replace my macbook with a tablet since the macbook is a bit to big and it gets very hot. I got a Ipad 1 but its filled with kid apps and i really like to have a own tablet and have movies/series on it.

So my question: I often looking at a serie (on tv-links) and surf the web on the same time in 2 small windows. Can any tablet replace a computer on this?
gambot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambot View Post
Well i'm looking to replace my macbook with a tablet since the macbook is a bit to big and it gets very hot. I got a Ipad 1 but its filled with kid apps and i really like to have a own tablet and have movies/series on it.

So my question: I often looking at a serie (on tv-links) and surf the web on the same time in 2 small windows. Can any tablet replace a computer on this?
Galaxy tab or note 10.1
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:51 PM   #3
beautifulcoder
macrumors regular

Or get two or three iPads and have them going at the same time. Like in the movie Matrix.
beautifulcoder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:02 PM   #4
ammarr
macrumors newbie

Note 8 does this as well. This is a very useful feature that few people seem to know about. I was in the market for a new tablet and this feature was enough to convince me to get the Note 8. Once you get used to it, you won't want to use any other tablet. Watch a video and take notes.. stream a game and continue browsing, etc etc. Just awesome.
ammarr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:03 PM   #5
hexonxonx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulcoder View Post
Or get two or three iPads and have them going at the same time. Like in the movie Matrix.
I have an iPad and a Nexus 7 plus two MacBooks going at all times so I can do all kinds of different things at once.
hexonxonx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:19 AM   #6
Shuri
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Quote:
I got a Ipad2 to day, but its really filled with kid apps. I like to be able to have tv-shows like walking dead etc on it and well does arent very kid friendly.
So i have decided to buy a own tablet!
from here

WUT?

BTW: as much as I don't see the Idea of Multitasking on my iphone (giving 2" per App ), it's one of the things holding me back from getting an iPad..

Last edited by Shuri; Jun 25, 2013 at 06:28 AM.
Shuri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:47 AM   #7
madgibbon
macrumors member

I have a Windows 8 tablet as well as an iPad. Multitasking on the Windows 8 tablet is far better than any other tablet (I've also owned a Note 10.1). Even the "Metro" interface can display two applications side by side in a touch friendly way.
madgibbon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:31 AM   #8
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgibbon View Post
I have a Windows 8 tablet as well as an iPad. Multitasking on the Windows 8 tablet is far better than any other tablet (I've also owned a Note 10.1). Even the "Metro" interface can display two applications side by side in a touch friendly way.
Don't you find the 1/3 2/3 split cramped? I'd prefer to have two apps split the screen in portrait.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:56 AM   #9
Silvereel
macrumors 6502

Quote:

The other posters are right - a lot of other devices do offer these features. The problem is, the screen is so cramped that you end up more annoyed than you were with just one app on at the same time. Plus, they're not running iOS, and they're missing the build quality of an Apple device.
Silvereel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:45 AM   #10
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:

All I can suggest is go try a tablet out now that has multitasking capability and see how you feel about it.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:38 PM   #11
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvereel View Post
The other posters are right - a lot of other devices do offer these features. The problem is, the screen is so cramped that you end up more annoyed than you were with just one app on at the same time. Plus, they're not running iOS, and they're missing the build quality of an Apple device.
I disagree. I never felt cramped using Quasar on my iPad 2. I'd imagine it wold even be better with a Retina display.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad