Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Helena
macrumors newbie

Photos preview and browsing without importing

Is it possible to preview or browse the photos without importing all the phots into the Mac? Sometimes I just want to preview the photos and select the best ones to import into the Mac for further editting and delete the rest of them. But now I must import all of them ino Mac before I preview them in slideshow. It is not that convenient for me. Any good suggestions from you guys?
Helena is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:24 AM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68030

I don't really use iPhoto... but I use its big brother Aperture. Aperture lets you review your photos prior to import, and you can choose with one's you want to import.

By default, you only see thumbnails, but you can make them larger via a slider, and you can double click them to make them full screen.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 02:36 AM   #3
Thraun
macrumors regular

iPhoto definitely shows you previews of all the available photos to import, and lets you go through them, deciding which ones to actually import.

Which version of iPhoto do you have?
Thraun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Parkin Pig
macrumors Demi-God

Location: Yorkshire, the starting grid of the 2014 Tour de France
Image Capture lets you preview and select for import.
Parkin Pig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Helena
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynz4 View Post
I don't really use iPhoto... but I use its big brother Aperture. Aperture lets you review your photos prior to import, and you can choose with one's you want to import.

By default, you only see thumbnails, but you can make them larger via a slider, and you can double click them to make them full screen.

/Jim
Hey, Jim, thanks for the reply. I will try Aperture later, but now I am using "ArcSoft Photo+"(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arcs...28703558?mt=12). So far so good.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraun View Post
iPhoto definitely shows you previews of all the available photos to import, and lets you go through them, deciding which ones to actually import.

Which version of iPhoto do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkin Pig View Post
Image Capture lets you preview and select for import.
Hey, thanks. I am not sure about the version of my Iphoto. But now I begin to use "ArcSoft Photo+". It works. Thanks for your reply.
Helena is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:43 AM   #6
mpainesyd
macrumors member

Image Capture comes installed with OS X. It is a great little app. You can preview photos on an iphone or sd card and import them into iphoto or just delete them. Also handy for scanning pages from (real) photo albums and automatically splitting them into separate photos.

You can make it the default app when an iphone is connected.
mpainesyd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:16 AM   #7
RadDave
macrumors regular

Seems to be plenty of options - another using Preview is described below - a post I left yesterday in the MacForums, possibly to the same OP?

Quote:
Hi Helena - I'm assuming that you want to view your camera photos that are on a SD card (whether inserted into your computer or attached via the digital camera) and delete those from the camera before transferring to the computer - correct?

If so, one option is to go into Finder and select the SD card which will be mounted; then, choose the images you want to view (i.e. click the ones of interest or draw a box around a bunch of pics) - double-click on one image and all should show up in a Preview window (see attached pic below of a recent trip for me); on the right, swiping will allow you to pan through the chosen images; on the left, click on an 'unwanted' image, then 'double click' and select move to trash - that image(s) will be deleted from your SD card - give it a try and let us know if the process works for you - good luck! Dave

RadDave is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store