Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:15 AM   #1
shinkirou
macrumors newbie

"Applications" won't show up on Spotlight.

When I try to find "Applications," it won't show up. It shows a folder "Applications-Macintosh SSD," not the original one that shows up. I tried re-indexing as well, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Edit: Here's a screen shot!
shinkirou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:19 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinkirou View Post
When I try to find "Applications," it won't show up. It shows a folder "Applications-Macintosh SSD," not the original one that shows up. I tried re-indexing as well, but that didn't work. Any ideas?
So it does not look like this?
What happens if you COMMAND click on that "Applications-Macintosh SSD," folder?

EDIT: Did not see your screenshot, and swiftaw is right.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:20 AM   #3
swiftaw
macrumors 603

That is your applications folder, the "Macintosh SSD" part is telling you it's location because there is more than one Applications folder on your computer (You can see this further down the window where it lists 2 folders called Applications)
swiftaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:11 AM   #4
shinkirou
macrumors newbie

Thing is, when I tried deleting the other application folder, it came back when I restarted my Mac...Also it doesn't have the image that Applications usually has, which is the "A" (with the pencil, ruler, and paint brush).

Last edited by shinkirou; Feb 18, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
shinkirou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:21 PM   #5
swiftaw
macrumors 603

I have two Folders named Applications, just like you. The first is a top level folder on my Hard Drive and this is where my applications actually are. The second is a folder in ~/Library/Documentation/ which stores documentation for some of Apples iLife apps.

If you only want your actual applications folder to show up in spotlight then go to Spotlight preferences and put ~/Library/Documentation/ in the privacy list.
swiftaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help