Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:45 PM   #26
Silvereel
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsingwong View Post
They all told me because it was cheaper (free with 2 year contract). Not one of them mentioned customization or specs at all. They don't even know how to use the majority of the features and options. They didn't even know about the Play Store!
And that's why Apple wins out in the end. Whoever is making those phones is making them at miserable margins, and they aren't even helping Google, since 99% of the people who buy them don't actually use Google services.
Silvereel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:14 PM   #27
maxosx
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
No wonder Apple won't EVER provide us more freedom - female / old users just don't want more freedom.
Out in public, at college football games, in Starbucks etc, your assessment is extremely accurate.

Young women below 35 are drawn to Android, and unlike the haters claim its not price. A Galaxy S3 is the same exact upgrade price as an iPhone 5 - $199. A Galaxy Note 2 is even more at $299. Yet that doesn't deter those who know the great value & functionality of that model.

Soccer moms 35 or older and senior citizens like simple small iPhones. It's part vanity, they love to be seen with the Apple logo, the other part is a simple camera & phone.

Apple knows its target market well.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvereel View Post
they aren't even helping Google, since 99% of the people who buy them don't actually use Google services.
For accuracy please post a link to the 99% statistic please. Thanks
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:36 PM   #28
sumsingwong
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
It may happened to YOU. In my practice, I see the opposite: females prefer iPhones to Android phones. Unfortunately, they're the vast majority when compared to computer literate people wanting as much freedom as with Android (that is, power users). No wonder Apple won't EVER provide us more freedom - female / old users just don't want more freedom.
Another thing about females, most that I've seen have the bigger screened devices. It kind of reminds me of the big sunglasses fad.
sumsingwong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:38 PM   #29
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816
 
joshwithachance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Jailbreaking is more popular than ever actually in my opinion.
__________________
rMBP paired with 27" ASUS MX279H monitor.
64GB iPhone 6 Plus (Verizon, Space Gray)
joshwithachance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:49 PM   #30
sumsingwong
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
Out in public, at college football games, in Starbucks etc, your assessment is extremely accurate.

Young women below 35 are drawn to Android, and unlike the haters claim its not price. A Galaxy S3 is the same exact upgrade price as an iPhone 5 - $199. A Galaxy Note 2 is even more at $299. Yet that doesn't deter those who know the great value & functionality of that model.

Soccer moms 35 or older and senior citizens like simple small iPhones. It's part vanity, they love to be seen with the Apple logo, the other part is a simple camera & phone.

Apple knows its target market well.

----------



For accuracy please post a link to the 99% statistic please. Thanks
You and I both know, carriers always run specials on Android devices so please stop acting like they are always the same price. Amazon also run specials on Android devices as well. I've never, in my life, seen a carrier or online retailer run specials such as BOGO on new Apple devices.

Do you really think the majority of the Android market worldwide own Android flagship devices?
sumsingwong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:51 PM   #31
labman
macrumors 604
 
labman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mich near Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsingwong View Post
Another thing about females, most that I've seen have the bigger screened devices. It kind of reminds me of the big sunglasses fad.
They have Purses to carry those big screen devices.
__________________
IP4+Hackintosh Pro Joining AT&T PM me get $25 Dev-Teams Blog My TwitterCan I JB/UL my device Click here
labman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Tags
ios 6, jailbreak, jailbreaking, whats the point, why jailbreak

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Pterosaur lets find them and breed them. steve knight Politics, Religion, Social Issues 27 Aug 13, 2013 01:38 PM
BNP calls in members to breed more ct2k7 Politics, Religion, Social Issues 35 May 17, 2013 11:04 AM
[UPCOMING] INheritage, a New Breed of SHMUP Game! anchiciblong iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Mar 4, 2013 09:22 AM
Soccer Puzzle League - A new breed of Match 3 game (Universal) Match3Studio iPad Apps 10 Jan 24, 2013 07:47 AM
Is Ham radio a dying breed... will Ham radio end ? waloshin Community Discussion 39 Jun 30, 2012 08:49 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC