Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Futuresgreen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Hey all - can someone lend some help ?
Im using iTunes 11.01 on an iMac 2009 with Lion

I subscribed to itunes Match and I have just under 10,000 tunes so its a reasonable size.
The original page telling me the 3 stages of progress, matching songs, artwork etc has gone as ive carried on with other tasks and all there is now is a small progress bar at the top of itunes which is 99% full saying Matching your music with songs in the iTunes store.
But is this stage one still or stage two or three ? How can I check ?

Ive opened up Actvity Monitor and the files and ports part and it says 0 hangs so i dont think its stuck.
I started this Sunday and left it on for 5 hours, put it on for another 4 hours yesterday I thought it should have been finished. Have quit itunes a few times and it does go back quite quickly to where it left off, wherever that maybe ?

Had a look around forums and i can see there have been problems, some seem unique, some just require patience.

An idea specifically what its doing and where its at would be helpful, if anyone knows ???

Thanks

Darren

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Try letting it sit and see if it ever finishes. If not, you may want to turn iTunes Match off and start the process again.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Select the match tab and it'll tell you. If not force close iTunes reboot and launch then force iTunes to check iTunes Match from the top menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.