Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:00 PM   #26
OldRhodie
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
I am one who uses the Smart Cover without any back protection on my iPads. Never had any problems with the iPad 2, the iPad 3 still looks as good as the day I brought her home, and the new iPad Mini looks terrific, too. I will add, though, that with the iPad Mini, since she is brand-new (just got her this past Tuesday) and since her back is black, while I have the Smart Cover on the front and use her with that around the house, when she's not in my hands, just like the other iPads she is always positioned on a stand rather than lying flat. When going out, I pop her into a RadTech sleeve that I had bought for one of the earlier iPads, and that protects her back from junk in my purse. Because the sleeve is meant for a larger iPad it is really easy to pull the iPad Mini out of it and to pop her back in. This is what works for me.....

Ditto, no back protection & so far so good, but I do worry!
OldRhodie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:11 PM   #27
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hls811 View Post
Can one of you guys (or both) post a picture of the Ghost Armor, specifically the corners? Does it cover them completely or leave them exposed?
It covers them

It has like a circle in each corners , don't know why they made it like that

But is fine , the circle is actually the skin protector

Everything is covered except the usual speakers , headphone , volume buttons
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:27 AM   #28
boshii
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hls811 View Post
Can one of you guys (or both) post a picture of the Ghost Armor, specifically the corners? Does it cover them completely or leave them exposed?
If you're looking for a back protector with complete coverage, go with bestskinsever. The corners are completely covered. It's cheap too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luy23kHZqvg
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:47 AM   #29
jps1012
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I went with iCarbons instead and it turned out great. It also works with the Smart Cover. The back only protection is 14.95.
How is installation compared to screen protectors? I suck at screen protectors. Thanks
jps1012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:20 PM   #30
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
How is installation compared to screen protectors? I suck at screen protectors. Thanks
Way easier. Since it's slightly stiff and thicker than a screen protector, it's really easy to apply. Also since you can use the camera cutout as a starting point, it's easy to get everything lined up.

I also have to give iCarbons a ton of credit. While my installation went smooth, I called them about getting more Apple cutouts and they offered to send me an entire new custom back skin. My new one will not have the cutout for the Apple logo and will instead be one solid sheet of carbon fiber. Best customer service I've received in a while.

Here's their install video.

Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:52 AM   #31
xMClass
macrumors 6502

Been using just a smart cover for my iPad mini for about a week now. No problem.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories