Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:20 AM   #551
DesterWallaboo
macrumors 6502

Instead of sitting around waiting for Uncle Sam to raise your wage. Why not get a better job? Sheesh... sitting around waiting for someone to take care of you is a silly way to live a life.
DesterWallaboo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:34 AM   #552
Merkava_4
macrumors 6502

Since everything is related to the price of gasoline and diesel fuel, I think the minimum wage should increase every time the price of gasoline goes up.
Merkava_4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:23 PM   #553
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltepeceno View Post
I lived up in Seattle washington for a year in the early 80's. The first time I saw all of the bc license plates I remember thinking, "man, what are all of the baja california (mexico) cars doing up here". Doh!
I don't get it? I wasn't here in the 80's (I was born in 1996) did the cars or licence plates look like Mexican cars/licence plates?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:28 PM   #554
Carouser
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesterWallaboo View Post
Instead of sitting around waiting for Uncle Sam to raise your wage. Why not get a better job? Sheesh... sitting around waiting for someone to take care of you is a silly way to live a life.
My wage is fine, it's other people's wages I am concerned about, so I'm not sitting around at all.

Also, 'get a better job' is either impossible or unrealistic for many people. It's impossible for one person to transform a labour market.
Carouser is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 01:01 PM   #555
Toltepeceno
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDeviceUser View Post
I don't get it? I wasn't here in the 80's (I was born in 1996) did the cars or licence plates look like Mexican cars/licence plates?
They both had B.C. on them. British columbia and Baja California. The Baja plates said Front BC on them and up there I was thinking canada instead of British columbia. Not exact by any means, but plates can change from year to year and enough similarity to throw someone like me off. Not to mention the 70's and early 80's were kinda hazy.

Last edited by Toltepeceno; Apr 27, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Toltepeceno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 06:50 PM   #556
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltepeceno View Post
They both had B.C. on them. British columbia and Baja California. The Baja plates said Front BC on them and up there I was thinking canada instead of British columbia. Not exact by any means, but plates can change from year to year and enough similarity to throw someone like me off. Not to mention the 70's and early 80's were kinda hazy.
Oh I see, makes sense haha. I would probably do the same thing if I didn't live in BC.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues