Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 7, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1
ty7u5
macrumors member

iPhone 5S: Hands free Siri?

Have you ever had you iPhone docked or streaming to your speakers, and decided you just want to skip the song? Happens all the time right? As we all know the new Moto X has a feature that works like this tied into Google Now. Users will simply say, "OK Google Now" and it will allow to complete certain key tasks, like shutting off alarms, controling media, etc. Would it not be possible for Apple to include this as an exclusive iOS 7 feature for the 'new iPhone"? Could we say "OK Siri"? Would you find this useful. Weigh in down below!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 02:15 PM   #2
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

I would welcome it. There are going to be a bunch of paranoid responses (at least there was when MR posted something about the Moto X) regarding the phone "always listening". Technically they can do that now, if they really wanted to, so I am not sure what the big deal is.

That said, this isn't really something I am expecting them to announce. But it would be a welcomed surprise, and a feature that, IF IT WORKS RIGHT (siri has been hit or miss for me though it seems good in iOS 7), would get me to buy th enext iPhone.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 03:00 PM   #3
randy98mtu
macrumors 65816

What happens when, in a cube farm as many of us work in, someone says "Ok Siri" and 4 phones respond?
randy98mtu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Will2145
macrumors 6502

Offline Siri?
Will2145 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 03:39 PM   #5
mama-exo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy98mtu View Post
What happens when, in a cube farm as many of us work in, someone says "Ok Siri" and 4 phones respond?
If Siri was really smart, then we'd just be able to say, it's me (Tom) or whoever.

But Siri doesn't have a memory.
mama-exo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 03:50 PM   #6
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty7u5 View Post
Have you ever had you iPhone docked or streaming to your speakers, and decided you just want to skip the song? Happens all the time right? As we all know the new Moto X has a feature that works like this tied into Google Now. Users will simply say, "OK Google Now" and it will allow to complete certain key tasks, like shutting off alarms, controling media, etc. Would it not be possible for Apple to include this as an exclusive iOS 7 feature for the 'new iPhone"? Could we say "OK Siri"? Would you find this useful. Weigh in down below!
Already available without Apple. You have to be jailbroken though. It's in Cydia.

Hands Free Control.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 04:33 PM   #7
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy98mtu View Post
The way that Google's implementation works is you have to teach the phone your voice on first use of the function. I believe you tell the phone "OK Google Now" three times and then it will not activate unless it is your voice talking to it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone