[iPad] Can't sell my iPad 3 (pathetic) - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:31 PM   #26
wknapp0924
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
I bought a 1500.00 Smart TV on Craigslist with 2 month old receipt for 700.00, That is the type of deal I try to find, not paying nearly retail for old technology.

As one person said if it doesn't sell lower the price. I have never had an issue selling anything on craiglist because I realize a used item is not as valuable as a new item.
wknapp0924 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:35 PM   #27
comper
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Michigan
My iPad 4 in perfect condition with original box/accessories... yeah I could only sell it at $420 shipped.
comper is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:47 PM   #28
jdiamond
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
All of you are over looking one other important detail - the date!!!

Guys, I don't know how to tell you this, but the week before Christmas is a COMPLETE and UTTER buyers market, because any seller that couldn't sell something before is completely desperate for a pre-XMAS sale. If they fail, they know the market may be soft until March. As a result, almost all electronic items lose about $200 of their selling point compared to a month ago.

Now is the time to buy, not to sell.

And it's also true about CraigsList vs eBay - eBay people pay close to market value for used things. CraigsList people are looking for super dirt cheap items. So if your item is in great condition, it's really not good for Craigslist.
jdiamond is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:16 PM   #29
pooleman
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Keep trying because I just sold my iPhone 4 16GB for $310 on eBay.
Really? That seems like a really high price. I just bought a 16gig iPhone 4 for my kid on eBay and I paid $210.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 AT&T 32 GB JB'ed unlimited data, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPod Touch 64 GB 5G.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:18 PM   #30
iBreatheApple
macrumors 68020
 
iBreatheApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
Sales 101:

If your product doesn't sell lower its price.
I disagree. If the OP left it up with no required time frame of sale I bet he'd get a bite within 3-4 weeks.
__________________
Steven Jobs was nothing less than brilliant. His vision to change the world was genuinely inspiring.

Last edited by iBreatheApple; Dec 19, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: #grammarfail
iBreatheApple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:23 PM   #31
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
Really? That seems like a really high price. I just bought a 16gig iPhone 4 for my kid on eBay and I paid $210.
The guy needed an unlocked iPhone.
dinggus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:30 PM   #32
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBreatheApple View Post
I disagree. If the OP left it up with new required time frame of sale I bet he'd get a bite within 3-4 weeks.
It depends on how badly he wants the sale.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:30 PM   #33
iBreatheApple
macrumors 68020
 
iBreatheApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
It depends on how badly he wants the sale.
Exactly.
__________________
Steven Jobs was nothing less than brilliant. His vision to change the world was genuinely inspiring.
iBreatheApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:49 PM   #34
golf1410
macrumors 6502a
 
golf1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
I sold my 32 gb wifi ipad 3 for 450 $ s month ago and buy ipad 4.
golf1410 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:11 PM   #35
Noctilux.95
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LA
Sold my iPad 3, 16 gig wifi for $425 two weeks before the iPad 4/Mini were announced.
Today I'm a proud owner of the 4
Noctilux.95 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:24 PM   #36
775445
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMule View Post
I'm trying to sell it for $450. It's a 32 GB white iPad 3rd generation with Verizon. A refurb model sells for $599.

I haven't got an offer over $300 for it. Craigslist has always worked for me. I know it's been a while since the release or the mini, but it's also Xmas time. I'm shocked at how long the ad has been up and now little responses I've received. Anybody else having the same problem?
Have you reposted the ad or refreshed it so it moves it to the top of the search fields? There are so many people selling iPads that if yours isn't one of the first ones in view when somebody searches Craigslist, you will not get a single e-mail.

I sold a 32 GB Verizon iPad 2 about 4 weeks ago for $375 - granted, it included the VGA and HDMI adapters and it was a refurbished unit in perfect shape and only about 6 months old, but still, I would think you'd have no problem getting at least $400 for your iPad 3. Somebody out there who wants Retina and doesn't want to bite the bullet and have to buy all the new adapters will certainly buy it.

Personally, I bit the bullet and bought and iPad 4 and dumped the cellular connection (never used it) and just got a 32GB wifi and I LOVE IT. Can't even look at an iPad 2 or mini screen anymore now that I've jumped to retina! 1000 times better but to each his own.
775445 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:19 PM   #37
TOYSTER17
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Keep trying because I just sold my iPhone 4 16GB for $310 on eBay.
Whoa. I bought a 16GB 4S about two months ago on craigslist for $300. Went on ebay and unlocked if for about $5.
TOYSTER17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:46 PM   #38
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a
 
KeepCalmPeople's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California
Red face Wow...

I got a great deal on trading in my 32GB wifi only iPad 2 at Amazon about six weeks ago - $345. I was going to suggest you go the same route, however I just checked and Amazon is now offering only $206 for the same model I traded in. Ouch. And they're offering only $284 for the iPad 3 you have.

I guess the trade-in market has tanked as we are so close to Christmas?
KeepCalmPeople is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:21 AM   #39
hypobid
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Prices have dropped significantly, that's for sure. The Micro Center near my house is selling brand new 16 GB iPad 3's for only $399. Here's the link:

http://microcenter.com/product/38732...GB_Wi-Fi_Black

They're also selling brand new 64 GB iPad 3's for only $499! Here's the link:

http://microcenter.com/product/38733...GB_Wi-Fi_Black

They're also selling brand new iPad 4's for only $459! Here's the link:

http://microcenter.com/product/40415...GB_Wi-Fi_Black
hypobid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:16 PM   #40
HERO XXL
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I recently sold a brand new still in wrapper iPad 4 (white, wifi) on CL for $475. If there's one thing I know that might help is that you have to post almost DAILY. Doing it once and just waiting for someone to bite will net you nothing. A lot of times, peopl don't really look back, because they figure that the good deals are gone already. So, you might want to give that method a try.
It took about a week & a half, but its GONE--and I'll be picking up my mini TONIGHT!!!

**crosses fingers**
HERO XXL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:38 PM   #41
dec.
macrumors 6502a
 
dec.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Sold an ipad2 64GB Wifi for $420 today, although it was with a smart cover and a Kensington Keyfolio (awful thing...). I think it wasn't a bad deal.
__________________
Apple/Win/Linux stuff
dec. is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:05 PM   #42
teknikal90
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Don't sell it. the iPad mini is a fad with really no added benefits over the ipad 3. Your iPad 3 is superior and so it's not worth it.
Especially since you're only selling it for $450. I sold my wifi only 16gb slightly scratched iPad 3 for $425.
__________________
Logic Pro and Mainstage 3 User. I use iOS a lot.
teknikal90 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:09 PM   #43
m00min
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikal90 View Post
Don't sell it. the iPad mini is a fad with really no added benefits over the ipad 3. Your iPad 3 is superior and so it's not worth it.
Especially since you're only selling it for $450. I sold my wifi only 16gb slightly scratched iPad 3 for $425.
Apart from the smaller size, which the OP mentioned as a reason for swapping to it.

I've gotta ask, did you actually read the OP's comment?
__________________
Obligatory dick waving: 2012 i7/8GB/256SSD MBA; 2010 i7/8GB/256SSD MBP; 2006 Mac Mini; iPhone 4S; iPad 3
m00min is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:42 PM   #44
Medic311
macrumors 65816
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
delete

Last edited by Medic311; Dec 20, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:22 AM   #45
Badrottie
macrumors 68020
 
Badrottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: California
I sold my iPad 1 16GB wifi + 3G at eBay for 400 3 months ago.
__________________
That is OK to make fun of my poor english grammars just because you are bullying deaf people.
Badrottie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:38 AM   #46
NovaKane
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Sold my iPad3 32gb LTE for $580 the other day. Grabbed myself the sweetest and best iOS device ever used (in the form of a white iPad mini LTE) with the loot. But I heard that idevices are depreciating in value these days. Saturation point and all that stuff, apparently.
NovaKane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:09 AM   #47
dcorban
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
Really? That seems like a really high price. I just bought a 16gig iPhone 4 for my kid on eBay and I paid $210.
I sold my two used iPhone 4 16GB for $280 each locally. $310 seems low for eBay.
__________________
The Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted.
dcorban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:48 AM   #48
Sora
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Keep trying because I just sold my iPhone 4 16GB for $310 on eBay.
Oh wow. I sold my iPhone 4S 16GB for $500 (craigslist) - unlocked. Then again I sold it at the end of August. Timing in this case is everything.
__________________
MacBook Pro | Matte 17" | 3.06 C2D | 256GB SSD | 4GB RAM | Mountain Lion
Mac mini | 2.26GHz C2D | 160GB HDD | 4GB RAM
Sora is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carrier: Sprint is pathetic Squilly iPhone 808 May 15, 2014 12:48 PM
phones: Is this pathetic? cuzo Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 14 May 23, 2013 10:18 AM
Sell iPad 4th gen for iPad mini? nickprete11 Buying Tips and Advice 23 Feb 24, 2013 11:37 AM
iPad Mini: You got iPad 3? Don't sell! You got iPad 2? Sell for mini!!! Anti-Lucifer iPad 12 Nov 12, 2012 08:47 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC