Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Icaughtupro doesnt do anything. It doesnt send emails, texts. Even lets you turn off the phone on the unlock screen.

Igotya works great

iphone 5 6.1.2

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I use Icaughtupro and it works great. Sends emails and texts. takes the pic and sends coordinates. don't have igotya, but have read some good testimonials.

Question, is it possible to have them both at the same time? Two times the protection?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I use Icaughtupro and it works great. Sends emails and texts. takes the pic and sends coordinates. don't have igotya, but have read some good testimonials.

Question, is it possible to have them both at the same time? Two times the protection?

No.
They will conflict since they are almost the same thing.
It will not be two times the protection, it will be 10 times the crashes and incompatibilities and errors up the...

brasskey

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Icaughtupro doesnt do anything. It doesnt send emails, texts. Even lets you turn off the phone on the unlock screen.

Igotya works great

iphone 5 6.1.2

Secure Mode does not work properly on iGotYa which is a major feature. I've been emailing the developers since the evasi0n jailbreak came out and they have yet to fix it. Something to consider for potential buyers.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Use Cylay. It does more than just take pictures of those that fail to enter the correct password on your phone (you can access everything externally via web).

The service cost $10 a year but it's well worth it.

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2013
Secure Mode does not work properly on iGotYa which is a major feature. I've been emailing the developers since the evasi0n jailbreak came out and they have yet to fix it. Something to consider for potential buyers.

Good to know, I was considering it for the secure mode whereas now I might go with iPrivacy instead. Out of interest, what doesn't it do properly and how "seamless" is actually going into secure mode?

(any indications that the device is going into secure mode?)

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
Use Cylay. It does more than just take pictures of those that fail to enter the correct password on your phone (you can access everything externally via web).

The service cost $10 a year but it's well worth it.

I'm using it now and WOW, sooo much better than anything else

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I actually have Cylay and Icaughtupro. Together they seem to make a good mix. It's 10 a year and I have three devices with a year subscription for Cylay.

Question, does Cylay use data (meaning need a data plan) or can it work without one (ie wifi, etc.)?

Thanks!

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
i just installed cylay, got the congrats screen on the app on iphone.

but wont go 'online'

do i have to do something to make it work?

it does say

1) device code _______
this device is linked to account:

my email here

am i missing a device code?

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
I actually have Cylay and Icaughtupro. Together they seem to make a good mix. It's 10 a year and I have three devices with a year subscription for Cylay.

Question, does Cylay use data (meaning need a data plan) or can it work without one (ie wifi, etc.)?

Thanks!

It needs something to send the information to you, which means or data or wifi will be used

brasskey

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Good to know, I was considering it for the secure mode whereas now I might go with iPrivacy instead. Out of interest, what doesn't it do properly and how "seamless" is actually going into secure mode?

(any indications that the device is going into secure mode?)

I have updated to the latest version of iGotya (1.7) which notes that it fixes the pinpointing location. But, I'm still having issues with Secure Mode. When I incorrectly enter my passcode twice and the phone enters secure mode, all of my non-iOS apps are still visible. When I click on them they crash, but they are still there (unlike looking like a stock iPhone on previous versions of iGotya). Also, the phone is now able to boot out of Secure Mode unlike before the update, but after the phone exits secure mode and I correctly enter my password, all of my non-stock iOS apps are missing (like they should be in Secure Mode). So, I was forced to restore the phone since all apps were gone.

I've been emailing the developers since the jailbreak came out but they still haven't fixed it.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I'm using icaughtu free version & iprivacy together without any problems
I did have to reboot in order for icaughtu to work

Iprivacy is for guest mode, I tried igotya but I didn't like how guest mode worked on there , you have to enter an incorrect password to enter guest mode

With iprivacy it works just like guest mode on your computer, you have 2 passwords , the guest pass & your own

With icaughtu I just use this for the picture/email feature
And both programs are free

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.