Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drakestan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I'm looking for a mount in my car for my iPhone 5. My state declares anything on the windshield illegal so that is out of the picture. What I'm looking for is either something that sticks into the cigarette lighter, or maybe a vent or something.

I've been looking at the other ones for the older iphones and generic phones but it looks like it supports it underneath (which may block the headphone jack). Does anyone know of any that have a designated hole for the headphone jack for an auxiliary cable to run through? Or one that doesn't support it from the bottom?

EDIT: Ha, nevermind. I found out that using the lighting USB cable will send out the audio just the same. Just need to find a nice mount and a second cable

Last edited:

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

I liked my EXOGEAR, but it just broke today. I might get another one but I'm looking for something a little different. I really don't like windshield mounts because the phone is so far away, and I don't like the phone blocking my view of the road.
I did see one called WALLEE M (might be spelled wrong) that has several mounting options and utilizes strong magnets. There is a windshield mount, but I'm looking at a mounting button that I can stick on a pillar in my car and attach the phone to it.
Also looking at the one that goes in the CD player, but kinda clunky looking.

JamesWilliams12

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
One of the bests its U-Tree iPhone 5 and you can buy on amazon

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FQMUNQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B008FQMUNQ&linkCode=as2&tag=jetaehidhur-20

randallw

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
Bought H5 stand from Luxa2 maybe a year and a 1/2 ago (for my iPhone 4). Love it, and since it's just a adjustable width to hold my phone, it can still be used with the iPhone 5 (thought they released some new "Premium" version which looks exactly the same).

http://www.luxa2.com/product_showroom.aspx?s=21

It looks like the bottom part of the arm would be in the same spot as the headphone jack (if you use that as opposed to the lightning port for music). I mount it to my dash via one of those suction pad bases from a Garmin GPS unit.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
The iOttie One-Touch is also one of the nicer ones, with a one-finger locking and unlocking mechanism and a strong suction cup for the windshield.
513Zq3YWBXL._SS400_.jpg

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
I have a techmatte one. I have several products from this company, and they all are pretty good. When i bought it, ther was a sale on for this plus car charger with a few dollars off.

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
Hope it comes soon on ebay. These guys charge too high and then get upset when chinese guys sell for few dollars only. Fair price it and people wont go that way.

Very true. People don't like the month long wait from China, so if it were priced a little better, they would definitely go with the Continental seller.

alanrocks

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
United Kingdom
Available on Ebay from China.
I don't buy from China.

I read somewhere that they use a latex material with the Spider which is harmful to people with a latex allergy.

They don't care about the health and safety of any counterfeit products they produce!

Last edited by a moderator:

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
I don't buy from China.

I read somewhere that they use a latex material with the Spider which is harmful to people with a latex allergy.
They don't care about the health and safety of any counterfeit products they produce!
Well I wouldn't go that far... They might not care too much about quality control, but they DO what people to buy their things, so naturally they try their best to manufacture somewhat nice products. as for the latex, I don't think they are doing it to spite those with allergies.... That seems kinda evil

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
I don't buy from China.

I bet the continental spiders are also made in china :p

juliehrobak

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2014
I use a techmatte one as well. It was on amazon for a pretty good price, and it works really well. It doesn't get in the way of any ports or cables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.