Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:25 PM   #26
MuffCabbage
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
What other apps do they have? I don't really use navigation much on any of my phones so it doesn't matter that much to me.
Drive and Music are the big ones, but then they also bring in games and apps and keep them exclusive for a while. I honestly havent looked too much, but I know Im REALLY waiting for Drive or hopefully Waze makes an app for WP (Wheres the app for the company that made a $25M investment in you?). Nokia said a while back they were open to making i available to all WP.

Last edited by MuffCabbage; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
MuffCabbage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:13 AM   #27
beyondthepale35
macrumors regular

I'll take the bulk in exchange for Nokia durability. I've dropped this thing face first on tile and didn't even get a scratch on it, can't say the same for the two friends who dropped their iPhone 4s's once and shattered them.
beyondthepale35 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:49 PM   #28
Liquorpuki
macrumors 68020

I would've bought the 920 over the 8X if they had it on Verizon. That low light camera is pretty impressive. Drive is probably the best GPS app out there.

I like how Nokia is going all in on WP8 and it's starting to pay off for them. In some areas they're pushing the ecosystem harder than MS, like the exclusive XBox games I can't get on my 8X.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:49 AM   #29
scott craft
macrumors 6502

I bought the Lumia 822 on Verizon and I really like the support Nokia provides for its phones. I am continually getting updates for system apps on my phone. Nokia phones aren't perfect, but I have been impressed with the way they stand behind their phones.
scott craft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:56 PM   #30
b166er
macrumors 68020

I tried a 920 when they first came out, but I was just playing with it while I continued to use my iPhone as my main phone. I didn't really get the feel for it since I was only playing around with it. I returned it, and over the past couple months I found myself really missing it, so the other day I went out and picked one up again and made it my main line. I still have the iPhone as a backup, but I am using the 920 all day for the past few days and I love it. I had every intention of picking up a Samsung on Friday, but I'm glad I went back to the 920. For my own needs it's great. Yes it is missing some things, but so is Android and so is iOS, so I know I can't be 100% satisfied right now anyway.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices