Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
Anyone ordered their iPhone 5 from apple online and received earlier than expected delivers?
I am waiting for mine! Excited!

Last edited:

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I got mine earlier than expected. My wifi said I would never have one but I got mine September 26th. It was actually due to arrive November 5th after I preordered late morning of September 14th.

Dechter

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010
I ordered from AT&T over the phone (no Apple store within 2.5 hours of me) and they quoted me 14-21 business days, which I took to mean 3-5 weeks. It shipped two weeks after I ordered it and arrived two days later, so I had it in hand less than 2.5 weeks after I called in.

My impression is that production is ramping up and despite multiple international launches, backorder times have decreased from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks.

anonjd

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2012
I ordered my iPhone online (Apple.ca) on October 18, early in the morning. It was processing until Monday and was shipped on Tuesday. I had an expected delivery date of November 20th and I woke up today and my iPhone is out for delivery already.

I'm ecstatic right now. Also, really glad I didn't just buy it from my carrier or at a store, and waited to get an unlocked one. Although, the wait was excruciating.

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
I helped one of my friends order theirs at the At&t store, we ordered it Nov. 2nd, got 1 the 8th, and the other 2 the 9th... That was pretty fast. My other friends I helped, They ordered their's in early October and didn't get it till the 30th or 31st. I got mine and another friends on launch day. ( Yes I have helped alot of people with their plans, and getting their iPhone 5's.)

PharmDoc

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2010
Just ordered my iPhone on Sunday from AT&T and got it on Tuesday. I was expecting it in 2 weeks but got it in 2 days. I barely got my case from amazon today so ill finally be able to use the phone tomorrow:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.