Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
Thanks for the clarification

no, i'm referring to the calibration method of draining the battery down to 0%, leaving it dead for a bit, and then recharging it. the battery memory, or whatever its called, clears and any battery issues are fixed.

ive done this before with previous phones and it often seems to fix many battery issues.

last time i recall doing this with a 3GS and did it twice just to be sure, but right now i'm getting incredible battery life after the first time trying it, so i wont bother with another calibration.

As I read your post, I understand that draining the battry to 0% after upgrading the iOS of the iPhone 5 will make the battery time better/longer, based on your experience (?). So you would recommend that this should be done, then?

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
it wont hurt to do if you have no problems, but it can help you if you do have problems.

i'm on a 4S which did get worse battery life after i upgraded to ios 6. forgot to try this trick with ios 6, but with 6.0.1 i did it and its been successful.

manunited

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2012
This was already mentioned in previous threads, but...

Have any of you tried turning off "Set Automatically" in Date & Time?
I'm fairly certain there is a glitch within that area as when I turned mine off my battery life was/is substantially better.

Interesting... will try it now. Hopefully it works! :eek:

segalas

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2007
Strange

I noticed something strange with my battery this morning.

I had 71% battery remaining and performed a "Reset Network Settings"

After the phone rebooted I had 73% battery. What the hell is up?

:rolleyes:

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Goto settings and click on icloud. Scroll down to safari and stop icloud from syncing safari and tell it to delete any information stored on your phone. Once that is done slide it back if you want. Poof battery problem fixed. With the upgrade of iOS6 there is an errorlog between safari and icloud that gets stuck in a loop...this causes it to constantly run and stream between your phone and the cloud...hence draining your battery like you are constantly downloading and uploading non-stop. By deleting the safari files you clear the log and fix the problem....it takes literally 1.5 minutes to fix...spread the word...

This does not affect everyone as everyones log does not get jacked up in the upgrade....BUT...for those of us that it did, we know turning off location services, etc is not gonna fix that kind of drain...I was draining 10% life an hour and my phone was smokin hot!! slide the bar, erase the files, clear the log, all better.

Poor battery life since new update. I went to do these steps and I did not have iCloud selected for safari. So I turned it on and then back off, also cleared out the backup.

Will update if this still helped

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
So this is after my phone died at 5% and was obviously charging at the time this pic was snapped.
Drastic difference from barely making it through a day since the 6.0.1 update.

8165197296_d49309dd4c.jpg

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Just noticed this in ip5
The usage setting is not accurate
I used my ip5 yesterday from 930am all the way till 830pm and still had 25% of charge left. At 1030am yesterday I noticed a carier update 13.1 for us rogers folk showed up and applied it.
Not sure if that was part if this long battery life

Also the usage settings told me I had 3 hrs since full charge which was weird
Anyways I left my phone uncharged last nite and this mornig didn't loose much charge maybe 1-2%

Theblurayfreak

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Ok so I have a bit of a weird situation now. If I charge me phone in the evening and leave it uncharged for the entire night it stays at 100% for the entire time. If I charge my phone in the evening but then use it a bit before bed it will drop about 1% per hour. All apps are closed in the background and no wifi or Bluetooth. Has anyone else experienced this?

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Ok so I have a bit of a weird situation now. If I charge me phone in the evening and leave it uncharged for the entire night it stays at 100% for the entire time. If I charge my phone in the evening but then use it a bit before bed it will drop about 1% per hour. All apps are closed in the background and no wifi or Bluetooth. Has anyone else experienced this?

I downloaded an app called CARAT that shows whats running in background and how much time you loose with those open apps.

I also got another app to check any leaks from wifi vs lte plan called datamonitor.

it seems ios6 is half baked when released. lots of weird things going on.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
My battery life with 6.0.1 is good.

This is my 4S on AT&T's 3G/4G + Wi-Fi, used my hotspot for a while, words with friends, two exchange accounts, surfing the web, phone calls, texting, and using maps for directions twice yesterday (turn by turn worked flawless by the way). And I am not always on Wi-Fi, I just leave it turned on all the time. I have bluetooth and auto brightness turned off.

Attachments

• battery11-15.PNG
    battery11-15.PNG
    92 KB · Views: 75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.