Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Retail Stores are offering discounts (via 9to5Mac) on select iOS compatible third-party accessories through August. Current discounts through August 31st include $50 off of the Jawbone Big Jambox Bluetooth speaker and 10% off of select Beats by Dre headphones and speakers, but do not include the recently updated Beats by Dre Studio headphones.

Starting August 11th, the store will also be offering 10% off of the Bose QuietComfort 3 and QuietComfort 15 headphones. The sale will last through September 14th.

apple_retail_accessories-800x532.jpg
Image courtesy of DailyMail

Last month, Apple launched a "Back to School" promotion offering qualified educational purchasers iTunes Store/App Store/iBookStore gift cards of up to $100 with the purchase of a new Mac, iPad, or iPhone. The program is currently valid through September 6th.

Article Link: Apple Retail Stores Offering Discounts on Select Accessories Through August

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Love that store two of the best glass staircases and a glass lift!!

Ps it's covent garden store london

avidos

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2009
The store that doesn't do sales is having a sale, looks like jb left his mark....

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
not to be negative, but when Microsoft offers a $100 discount on it's Surface tablet for the month of August blog sites write the news article as if Microsoft is having problems. When in fact all electronic companies are discounting with a back to school savings.

shadowbird423

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2009
Chapel Hill
not to be negative, but when Microsoft offers a $100 discount on it's Surface tablet for the month of August blog sites write the news article as if Microsoft is having problems. When in fact all electronic companies are discounting with a back to school savings.

The Surface Pro is well regarded. It's the RT that bloggers are saying is having problems (and it should be, it's a poor product).

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London

Ha that's because Windows RT is shocking in every single way. I genuinely don't know how stupid MS are in launching a product that LOOKS like windows 8, even has a desktop which is only for file shifting, has the same name as Windows but cannot run anything your desktop can. How to completely confuse the public. It's basically for IT tech who know exactly what it is. The 2 people who I know bought one - took it back when they tried to install a few .exe's...

Windows Surface Pro is a different ball game, very usable. But still not very well made.

They should have gone the Apple route... Desktop OS and Mobile/Tablet os. The winPhone os is actually very nice and would scale to tablets.

That said when have MS made anything in their OS easy... At least there are only 3 proper versions ( +RT ) of Win8 now compared to 6 in Windows 7 / Vista...

d3bruts1d

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
TN
If only they offered a discount on the JayBird BlueBuds X headphones. Been waiting for someone to have a deal on those. :cool:

MSUSpartan

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
If only they offered a discount on the JayBird BlueBuds X headphones. Been waiting for someone to have a deal on those. :cool:

I picked up a pair last week (full price) and its worth every single penny. One of the best tech purchases I've ever made (I go to the gym just about everyday and it is glorious there haha).

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Jawbone has the same sale on their website, along with other retailers. Probably all just old stock, clearing out for new models.

d3bruts1d

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
TN
I picked up a pair last week (full price) and its worth every single penny. One of the best tech purchases I've ever made (I go to the gym just about everyday and it is glorious there haha).

Good to know. I'm getting closer and closer to just buying them. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.