[iPad] Being asked to share iPad - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:39 PM   #26
wknapp0924
macrumors 6502

I couldn't even share mine with my wife, I would never share it with a co-worker.
wknapp0924 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:47 PM   #27
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wknapp0924 View Post
I couldn't even share mine with my wife, I would never share it with a co-worker.
LOL, I know. Had a fight with my partner the other day when he borrowed mine for five minutes. "You closed my Safari tabs!!!!" "Sorry, I didn't know you wanted them open." "Well, why do you think they were open in the first place???!!!!"
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:59 PM   #28
Fruit Cake
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedblanks View Post

I want to be a team player, but for some reason this makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Am I being unreasonable? Any suggestions on how to approach this?
Take one for the team?
Fruit Cake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:24 PM   #29
venusian
macrumors member

Why not set up a new "team" email address and use it to set up a new "team" apple ID with a corporate credit card for the "team" iPad? unless the apps for testing relate to email in some way, surely this would alleviate the OP's issues, ok well most of them, 'cept the bath room issue, but just buy some sanitising wipes to deal with that and also implement a sign in/sign out policy for borrowers, noting they take liability.
venusian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:29 PM   #30
CNeufeld
macrumors 6502

My thoughts... Use it like you would a shared laptop. Check your mail through a web client, after making sure that Safari is set up for private browsing. Never enter in your AppleID information; just use whatever apps are installed on the machine. Don't have pictures or music on it; that's not really a work purpose anyway. And if you're concerned about germs and stuff... As someone else says, have a container of disposable antibacterial wipes on your desk, and when you take the ipad, give it a swipe first.

My GF used my ipad regularly till she got her own. My kids use it when they come over (although I clear my browser history before they do...). They don't have my iTunes password, and they don't need it. Basically, they use it for a portable web browser and whatever games/apps I already have it installed on there. They don't treat it as "theirs", and store a bunch of their personal stuff on there.

It doesn't really sound like the end of the world... Just don't expect that you'll be comfortable using it like you would if it was your personal iPad.

Clint
CNeufeld is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:43 PM   #31
JoeFkling
macrumors member

Maybe I missed it, but what is the iPad being used for? Basically I would only use it for that purpose only and not load ANY personal info. If they want you to have an account tied to it then it needs to be set up through the institution and not the user.
JoeFkling is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:34 PM   #32
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedblanks View Post
I'm being asked to share an iPad with another user at work. This makes me uncomfortable for a number of reasons.
-The iPad is tied to the other users e-mail, itunes account etc
-I'm worried if it malfunctions/breaks/gets damaged, who will be to blame
-I'm concerned about hygiene issues (where/when/how it is used by both parties).

I want to be a team player, but for some reason this makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Am I being unreasonable? Any suggestions on how to approach this?
You bring up something I wish Apple had with the original iPad: User Accounts.

Hopefully iOS 7 has something like this.
gmanist1000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad