Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:53 AM   #1
12leeaj1
macrumors newbie

Lion Mac won't accept windows ultimate disc

I opened up the Bootcamp assistant and tried to put my legit disc in the computer but when i put it in it makes these quiet noises then just comes out of the disc tray a few moments later.

HELP!!!!
12leeaj1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:42 PM   #2
kpgh554
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12leeaj1 View Post
I opened up the Bootcamp assistant and tried to put my legit disc in the computer but when i put it in it makes these quiet noises then just comes out of the disc tray a few moments later.

HELP!!!!
have you checked disc clean as i've found optic drive very sensitive to even the smallest of finger smudges etc try first then run in bootcamp
kpgh554 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 05:41 PM   #3
antdawe
macrumors regular

I had same problem. Had to install xp first then once that was up n running I booted to xp. Inserted win 7 disc then done clean install from there.
antdawe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 05:35 AM   #4
12leeaj1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgh554
have you checked disc clean as i've found optic drive very sensitive to even the smallest of finger smudges etc try first then run in bootcamp
the disc is new... i took it out fresh from the ordering place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawe View Post
I had same problem. Had to install xp first then once that was up n running I booted to xp. Inserted win 7 disc then done clean install from there.
i dont understand this. you install xp??? can you elaborate??

EDIT: Just to let you guys know i had windows installed before, but the browsers didnt work so i deleted the partion. now im trying to install windows again

Last edited by 12leeaj1; May 7, 2012 at 06:43 AM.
12leeaj1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac