Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1
edcop
macrumors newbie

Battle for middle earth 2 without bootcamp

Hi, I just bought a mac book pro yesterday and want to play BFME2 on it, so far i've installed in via crossover, but when i run it i cant get past the start flash page, so it never actually starts up the game. From looking around the web, im sure it is possible to get it to work without using bootcamp
(which i dont want to use because I have no copy of windows 7, and dont wan't to buy one or risk downloading a dodgy one)

I read that maybe you have to download a no dvd/cd crack or something?

anyway i would really appreciate help

thanks
edcop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Washac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcop View Post
Hi, I just bought a mac book pro yesterday and want to play BFME2 on it, so far i've installed in via crossover, but when i run it i cant get past the start flash page, so it never actually starts up the game. From looking around the web, im sure it is possible to get it to work without using bootcamp
(which i dont want to use because I have no copy of windows 7, and dont wan't to buy one or risk downloading a dodgy one)

I read that maybe you have to download a no dvd/cd crack or something?

anyway i would really appreciate help

thanks
People here will not discuss cracking games etc

Only thing I cans say that I went the Crossover route sometime back and never ever managed to get anything to run under it, infact I have to say it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on a program.

I soon learn't after also playing around with Parallels that Bootcamp was the way to go with some Windows games.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:17 AM   #3
stueee123
macrumors member

I suggest using VMWare or Parallels. I can run BFME2 at full settings in vmware, and then you don't need to reboot. As for Windows 7, I'm sure with the help of tpb you could find a copy.
stueee123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:13 PM   #4
SingularityG
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by stueee123 View Post
I suggest using VMWare or Parallels. I can run BFME2 at full settings in vmware, and then you don't need to reboot. As for Windows 7, I'm sure with the help of tpb you could find a copy.
Yep, there is a wine port on the pirates.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games