Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joel M

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Hey everyone,

I've been an occasional lurker here for a while and this is my first post, so I hope I am posting in the correct place. If not, I apologize. I tried searching this and other forums for this exact issue, but only found less specific problems, so I'm hoping you guys can help.

So, I am ashamed to say there was a small soda spill on my Macbook Pro keyboard (yes, I know, shame). Luckily my reaction time was quick, but inevitably some liquid seeped into some of the keys. I did some research and found out how to clean underneath the individual keys, and as far as I can tell, only the underside of the keys and a few brackets were touched by the soda.

So, after cleaning each individual key and bracket with water, I am still having issues, but not with stickiness. Now each key seems to have a very tiny amount of play, accompanied by a clicking/crunching sound upon the lightest touch. I have posted a video below for reference.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their keyboard? I thank you all for your expertise and help in advance!

Link to video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3p27t9hr4x9qt8/20121205_053315.mp4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.