Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ALMF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
the iOS alarm app needs more "recurrence" options.

For work my schedule is one way week one and another week two. For example: week one Mon-Fri 6:45AM, week two is Tue-Fri 6:45AM.

The iOS alarm app does not allow a user to set up a biweekly occurrence for an alarm. a user has to either remember to set up one for the Monday or wake up early on their day off because the alarm.

hope Apple adds a feature like this soon, it would be great for people on Flex Schedules at work.

Any apps out there that can help out until then?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

For work my schedule is one way week one and another week two. For example: week one Mon-Fri 6:45AM, week two is Tue-Fri 6:45AM.

The iOS alarm app does not allow a user to set up a biweekly occurrence for an alarm. a user has to either remember to set up one for the Monday or wake up early on their day off because the alarm.

hope Apple adds a feature like this soon, it would be great for people on Flex Schedules at work.

I'm sure there are other apps out there that can accomplish what you need, but I don't know of any. I just use the standard alarm app that came with the iPhone.

But you can let Apple know your suggestion via their feedback page.

Apple Feedback/iPhone

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
There are all kinds of alarm apps in the app store that really out do what the stock alarm app does.

ALMF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
I downloaded about 10 different alarm apps. They all had the same recurrence option as the iOS alarm app. they were free apps, but I don’t want to do a pay for app if it may not have more recurrence options.

does any one know if the alarm apps restricted to the same recurrence options as the iOS alarm app?

----------

I'm sure there are other apps out there that can accomplish what you need, but I don't know of any. I just use the standard alarm app that came with the iPhone.

But you can let Apple know your suggestion via their feedback page.

Apple Feedback/iPhone

thanks, I sent a suggestion

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Just make 2 alarms and turn off the one you don't need. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be

ALMF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Just make 2 alarms and turn off the one you don't need. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be

your way is much more complicated

its far more complicated to have to turn alarms on and off than just being able to set an alarm and not having to touch it again.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
your way is much more complicated

its far more complicated to have to turn alarms on and off than just being able to set an alarm and not having to touch it again.

I didn't think pressing one button was hard but I don't have only suggestions sorry

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts

Try "Clocks". I've tried loads and this is by far my favourite.
Should do what you want by setting one weekday alarm at one time and another weekday alarm at another time.
You just toggle one on and one off each week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.