Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Hi all

I have a document which was made on the Windows version of Excel.
In this document there is a page with different facts. On another page there is a drop-down list in which you can choose the facts on the other page.

This all works as it should on the Windows version, but on the Mac version of Excel, it doesn't.
I have to keep clicking on the arrow for the drop-down list to appear and when scrolling through the list, it doesn't respond in the correct way.

Is there a way I can solve this? Or is it just inherent to Excel for Mac?

Thanks!

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a document which was made on the Windows version of Excel.
In this document there is a page with different facts. On another page there is a drop-down list in which you can choose the facts on the other page.

This all works as it should on the Windows version, but on the Mac version of Excel, it doesn't.
I have to keep clicking on the arrow for the drop-down list to appear and when scrolling through the list, it doesn't respond in the correct way.

Is there a way I can solve this? Or is it just inherent to Excel for Mac?

Thanks!

Do you know what version of excel for windows was used to create the document and which version of excel for mac are you opening the file?

Office 2010 for Windows with service pack 2 or later and Office 2011 for Mac comply strictly with the Office Open XML (OOXML) standard.

If you have excel 2010 and 2011 try saving the file in Office Open XML (OOXML) standard in the windows version and see if that works when you open it in excel for mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.